Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

White Summer Tunic for Artillary Major

Article about: Here is a white Summer Tunic. Appears to be for Artillary Major. Came with the slip on shoulder boards and metal breast eagle. While lightly soiled its in great shape. Is this a 2nd pattern

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    What? There not? But, but, but, but the dealer promised me that they we a 100% authentic untouched set bought directly from the original owner.

Actually, Ive seen them advertised on eflay, as being Heniz Guderian's PJ bottoms........

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White Summer Tunic for Artillary Major
    P
    Many

Nice tunic. I believe this was in my collection in the early 1970's. These white Heer tunics are not encountered very often.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Actually, Ive seen them advertised on eflay, as being Heniz Guderian's PJ bottoms........
    Most of those are fakes so be careful. Make sure the curve of the hockey sticks are correct. Otherwise stay away from the ones on Eflay. :-)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Nice tunic. I believe this was in my collection in the early 1970's. These white Heer tunics are not encountered very often.
    The same one?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Where the shoulder-boards period placed? Not sure if it's the flash or what, but it appears the wear is much less substantial than the tunic itself.

MAP
    ?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Where the shoulder-boards period placed? Not sure if it's the flash or what, but it appears the wear is much less substantial than the tunic itself.
    The tunic is in excellent condition. Just a bit dirty being white. The shoulder boards are very clean (with the underside being mint but the flash is a bit deceiving

I do not know if they were replaced.

However is your question directed to Bob since he thinks this was his in the 70's

Anyone...what would be the value of something like this. Also, were there ever any maker marks

Thanks

Hal
    ?

Default White summer tunic

Guys, this might be a bit misplaced but thought you'd like to see a summer tunic that might be in a collection today.... Best, Hal PS; the GI with the pipe is the one I obtained this pic from.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White Summer Tunic for Artillary Major   White Summer Tunic for Artillary Major  

MAP
    ?

Quote by Hal View Post
    Guys, this might be a bit misplaced but thought you'd like to see a summer tunic that might be in a collection today.... Best, Hal PS; the GI with the pipe is the one I obtained this pic from.
    He's smiling. Guess he was happy he wasn't captured by the Russians

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    He's smiling. Guess he was happy he wasn't captured by the Russians
    Ahhh...I get it now.....boy...I'm slow today

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I would not expect shoulder boards on a white tunic to show the same amount of wear as the jacket itself. The reason being a white tunic was likely laundered after every time it was worn. The shoulder straps would be removed during the cleaning so they would not reflect the same amount of wear. It is also possible, the straps are newer due to a promotion. All conjecture but it would never be a concern with me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast