Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Alcoso Heer dagger

Article about: hello everyone. A very last find, an Alcoso Eisenkopf. This is the first Alcoso that I have and I like the quality of the finish of this dagger, the silvering is very well preserved. we can

?

Post Alcoso Heer dagger

hello everyone.
    A very last find, an Alcoso Eisenkopf.
    This is the first Alcoso that I have and I like the quality of the finish of this dagger, the silvering is very well preserved.
    we can even still observe that the small rollers on the scabbard are worked !
    I had never noticed this before ,but I'm still a beginner compared to you ....
    Regards Mitsu.

Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Alcoso Heer dagger
    Last edited by Mitsu; 10-12-2021 at 02:08 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alcoso Heer dagger
    P
    Many

?

Very nice Type 3 Iron build ACS, funny thing is: sometimes it takes years to find one (or a SMF Iron build) and sometimes it poors.
    This is the 4th i see this year

what do you mean with following?

I quote: "we can even still observe that the small rollers on the scabbard are worked !"

Cheers
    Ger

?

thanks Ger.
    I mean the little "circles" on the scabbard are different, they don't have the same flat shape as usual.
    Is this typical of Alcoso ?

Alcoso Heer dagger

Alcoso Heer dagger

Thanks you.
    Regards

The rollers ....are what is called Pebbling...and it looks worn down by use of the officer who carried it.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

ok Larry, thanks for your translation lesson.
    forgive me my ignorance as a beginner

Nice one
    I really like that grip color
    -TJ-

Quote by Mitsu View Post
    ok Larry, thanks for your translation lesson.
    forgive me my ignorance as a beginner
    Mitsu...no worries my friend ..its the beginning of knowledge..we all have called certain details by other names ..other than what it is.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Mitsu,

Congrats man. Great piece I shall compare this one with both mine Eisenkopfen to see if there are some differences.

Ron

?

Thanks you Ron , it's nice .

I tried to take two different photos in macro mode of these pebbling of the scabbard.

I may still say a stupid but would it be possible that this is an option when ordering ?

Maybe you have already observed this finish on scabbard of other daggers ???

Regards
    Mitsu

Alcoso Heer dagger

Alcoso Heer dagger
    Last edited by Mitsu; 10-13-2021 at 09:58 AM.

?

As far as i know there has never been a pebbling option, this would more likely depend on the die and rough finish.
    We see more differences in iron based alcoso guards, reverse shoulder wings pattern for example.
    The complete iron setup was a short experiment and gave not always a fine result, as your scabbard proves.

Ger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast