Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Asking for opinions and info on this Alcoso Heer Dagger

Article about: Hello, I am preparing to purchase this Alcoso heer dagger and I just wanted to get the groups opinion on how they feel as far as its authenticity goes. I am planning on purchasing it from wh

Default Asking for opinions and info on this Alcoso Heer Dagger

Hello, I am preparing to purchase this Alcoso heer dagger and I just wanted to get the groups opinion on how they feel as far as its authenticity goes. I am planning on purchasing it from what I can tell up to this point is a reputable dealer but in my experience taking the time to get as much info as possible is always a good thing. After having looked a the photos for a couple of days and doing some research. Also can anyone tell me what year the makers mark is from. In any case any advice and/or observations will be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Asking for opinions and info on this Alcoso Heer Dagger   Asking for opinions and info on this Alcoso Heer Dagger  

Asking for opinions and info on this Alcoso Heer Dagger   Asking for opinions and info on this Alcoso Heer Dagger  

Asking for opinions and info on this Alcoso Heer Dagger   Asking for opinions and info on this Alcoso Heer Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Asking for opinions and info on this Alcoso Heer Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a Höller type 4 crossguard with Höller cap and scabbard to me.
    So not a texbook Alcoso.

Ron.
    Last edited by Ron K; 08-19-2021 at 11:11 PM.

?

Well Ron pointed out its not a textbook Alcoso.
    It has an aluminium Pack type 3 guard and pommel.
    To me its a partsdagger as Alcoso used his own in factory designed fittings

My advice: find another and let this one where it is.

Best
    Ger

?

Ger Pack 3 and Höller 4 are almost simulair looking thats confusing me sometimes. But I checked it in your book and I see it now.

Ron