Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer

Article about: It is relatively easy to recognize these types of daggers, because the edge of a dagger has the etched B/A company logo and motto Solingen 1939. On the back side of the blade is stamped - Ge

Thanks Timothy.
    It seems that was there a lot of combinations B&A Dagger.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 01-22-2014 at 01:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer
    P
    Many

So...B&A scavenged Solingen for any and all dagger parts and assembled them post-war for selling to the occupation troops for souvenirs. Okey. What I would wonder is, early on when they had accumulated a decent number of parts, did they acquire any scavenged blades that were assembled into daggers that were Not stamped B&A? And if they did, is there any way to tell them?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thats a scary thought William....and with collecting Heer daggers....there are so many varied parts. That is a question for the sharp eyes of the Heer Collectors.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Good question, but I do not know the answer.
    I personally always try to buy tekst-book Heer daggers, but I think that everyone has a right to bring own opinion and conclusion.

Regards
    Vedran

Example of B&A Heer dagger:

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer   B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer  

Luftwaffe B&A daggers with leather scabbard:

1.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer   B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer  

B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer   B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer  

B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer   B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer  

The returning GI had no clue of what any dagger should look like as he was seeing it for the very first time. Looking at these Luft daggers with a leather scabbard..i would of thought no different...nor the 1939 date on the blade.

I would be curious and and very interested to see any tang markings..on these 1939 stamped blades.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Maybe it would be good to put this topic as a sticky, in general edged weapon forum.

Regards
    Vedran

I would do that but since there are 3 types ... Heer,,Luftwaffe and SA.. I would rather reserve this thread as a link in the producers lists of those threads ... Titled " Bolte & Anschutz ( Post War Producer).
    Unless other branch types surface other than the 3 entities above then I would post it in the main forum as a sticky. I would like to see more pics of all 3 disassembled before doing so. I will link this thread to those 3 sub forum producers lists. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-24-2014 at 01:19 AM.

What I remember of the B+A daggers is that they were postwar with perhaps some original parts, or with possibly some parts made using tooling that had not been destroyed. And no metal scabbards because it would have been too expensive to manufacture for a "souvenir" item. But since then - the B+A dagger parts Deoxyribonucleic acid ie: 'DNA' has been commingled with various condition leftover parts from other daggers/sources so that no one knows who the 'parents' were of a specific dagger. Best Regards, Fred

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast