Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Double etched unmarked Heer dagger

Article about: Hello friends, I was offered this unmarked army dagger. Grip, crossguards, scabbard look okey to me, but I’m not sure about the etching. The etching seems crisp, it’s perfectly “on cen

Default Double etched unmarked Heer dagger

Hello friends,

I was offered this unmarked army dagger.
    Grip, crossguards, scabbard look okey to me, but I’m not sure about the etching.
    The etching seems crisp, it’s perfectly “on center”, but lack of maker mark worries me.
    I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you Double etched unmarked Heer daggerDouble etched unmarked Heer daggerDouble etched unmarked Heer daggerDouble etched unmarked Heer daggerDouble etched unmarked Heer daggerDouble etched unmarked Heer dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double etched unmarked Heer dagger
    P
    Many

post war Spanish etch. whoever did it ruined a good honest Heer dagger.

Hi Michael...there are blades that are without a producer logo and were sub contracted out for assembly or for a distributor.

The Type A generic crossguard seen usually came with a producer and I never seen a Type A that was unmarked.
    Gerrit can further comment on the assembly.

The blade was most likely replaced by this etched blade.
    Moderator Anderson as well as Gerrit and dr73 can comment further on the etch....as it does look quite convincingly authentic.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The etching is not well executed, some imperfections a Solingen master etcher wouldn't make.

?

The Voos etched blades do come with a generic A guard and pommel but i wouldn't buy a Voos that doesn't have a later Generic scabbard with a backside throat screw.
    If i would buy a dagger with an etched blade, it should have the double oval Voos Logo, ivory grip and a scabbard as shown below.
    All these features together makes it easy to identify it as an original Voos, as a lot of them out there are copies and partsdaggers now a days.

Ger

this is the scabbard type i prefer (and an ivory grip )

Thank you very much for your help guys. The dagger’s etching is post war then.