MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties

Article about: Here are my early army dagger hangers, all differ, either in material or markings or in design. The hardest to find are the early Deluxe ones: either floral motive clips or with nocks. Earli

?

Default Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties

Here are my early army dagger hangers, all differ, either in material or markings or in design.
    The hardest to find are the early Deluxe ones: either floral motive clips or with nocks.
    Earliest 1935-36 are the silvered messing ones, mid 1936 the aluminium ones came on the market.
    Rarest imo is the full aluminium one with the floral design, very leight weight one.
    Any floral or nock clips one is very rare, it took me quite some time to complete this set.
    I also included the rare belt hangers too.
    Enjoy the pics!

Cheers
    Ger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties   Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties  

Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties   Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties  

Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties   Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties  

Last edited by gerrit; 05-09-2021 at 07:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties
    P
    Many

?

a nice group of them.

Impressing! And good for reference
    -TJ-

TWS
    ?

Very nice assortment!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

very nice Ger, beautiful display my friend

Pinned
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thx Gents for the nice words, appreciated.
    Feel free to add early variations that arent shown.

I will add an early aluminium gilded Generals hangers which i was able to buy, being shipped as we speak.

Ron please add your Deluxe General hangers, they would be a great addition to this post, rare to see gilt wash on potmetal!
    As we know gilt and silverwash dont hold good on zink based metal, and yours is in nice condition!

Regards
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 05-09-2021 at 09:21 AM.

?

Thats a great collection Ger, seen them in real and they are beautiful.
    Perfect that you start this topic as study material for new or less experienced collectors. Here is my attribution to this.
    De Luxe General hangers goldwash pot metal in nice condition.

Hope the pictures are good enough.

Ron

Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties

?

woua !
    nice collection that you have there. Surely years of research....!

?

Those are some very nice hangers you show here Ger. Funny thing is that I know a lot of collectors of army daggers who just look at a hanger as just a hanger. Many of them only know the difference between an early and a late hanger (if you are lucky). Hangers are a very underrated part of dagger collecting in my opinion. Maybe that will change a little with this post.

Regards
    Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast