Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn Dagger

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like to show you my latest catch. I bought it for almost 3 weeks ago, but due to certain people at the post office, it took me a while to get it. It's a personalized

Default Eickhorn Dagger

Hello everyone,
    I would like to show you my latest catch. I bought it for almost 3 weeks ago, but due to certain people at the post office, it took me a while to get it.
    It's a personalized Eickhorn Army dagger. I really like the patina of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Dagger   Eickhorn Dagger  

Eickhorn Dagger   Eickhorn Dagger  

Eickhorn Dagger   Eickhorn Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Dagger
    P
    Many

Very nice dagger.

Your great photos really show the deep and beautiful colour of the grip

Cheers,
    Jonas

Nice Chris that grip is a beautiful orange and possibilities exist on finding out history of the owner. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Chris, this is a great early heer dagger! Nice type 2 Eickhorn crossguard and early single screw scabbard. The patina on this one is great. Very nice personalization too. Congretulations on this find

Danny

?

Nice one.

Thanks.
    Danny, when you say Type 2 Crossguard, which reference are you referring to? I only have the Wittmann Book, Exploring the Dress Dagger of the German Army, in which Wittman only speaks about 2 different Crossguards from Eickhorn. And the one I have should be the 1st pattern.
    (I have seen your thread showing 4 types)

that's v/nice.

?

Quote by Chris76 View Post
    Thanks.
    Danny, when you say Type 2 Crossguard, which reference are you referring to? I only have the Wittmann Book, Exploring the Dress Dagger of the German Army, in which Wittman only speaks about 2 different Crossguards from Eickhorn. And the one I have should be the 1st pattern.
    (I have seen your thread showing 4 types)
    Chris, you are right that in the Wittmann Book only two types are mentioned. This is a good example of the fact that even Wittmann didn't know everything in those days And even today we are still learning new things. Eickhorn did use four types of crossguards and not two. Yours is the second type. The first type should be accompanied by the same scabbard-type as yours with the difference that the earliest Eickhorn scabbard had two side screws and not one center screw on the back like yours. The best site to check crossguards IMO is this one:
    wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Crossguard Makers Reference (thanks to our forum member Degens).

Danny

Thanks Danny.

Chris,
    What was the problem with the Post Office.

Steve