Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn dagger original from Factory or parts dagger?

Article about: Hello guys, I'm considering buying this heer dagger but I'm not sure if all parts are right. Do all parts look like early eickhorn or not? Any issues or problems you guys can see? Thanks for

Default Eickhorn dagger original from Factory or parts dagger?

Hello guys,

I'm considering buying this heer dagger but I'm not sure if all parts are right. Do all parts look like early eickhorn or not? Any issues or problems you guys can see? Thanks for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn dagger original from Factory or parts dagger?   Eickhorn dagger original from Factory or parts dagger?  

Eickhorn dagger original from Factory or parts dagger?   Eickhorn dagger original from Factory or parts dagger?  

Eickhorn dagger original from Factory or parts dagger?   Eickhorn dagger original from Factory or parts dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn dagger original from Factory or parts dagger?
    P
    Many

?

The dagger is completely textbook. No problems.

Danny

I see nothing wrong-it looks fine. I particularly like the eagle on these 4th pattern Eickhorn guards.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Since it has the early slant grip this one wouldn't be made of zinc right?

Thanks for the help wagriff and dr73..

?

It's a nice dagger but it doesn't have a slant grip. It's the fourth and last type of the Eickhorn crossguards.

Danny

True...the 4th Eickhorn guards were used from 1937 thru 1942. This dagger is not actually an early made but more to the later era manufacture. It's quite probable zinc metal, but it does have a considerable bit of plating intact.
    William

?

Like Danny stated its no Slant grip, its a late C Type, fits perfectly the timeframe of this 4th pattern Eick.
    Compare it with kevins slant...
    Regards
    Ger

Thank you all for the help and teaching me more about heer daggers.. is there a way to tell what material a dagger is Made of? Like with a magnit or another test? ( I do understand late daggers are made of zinc just for the future when I go to gunshows and looking around town.)

wagriff- you are always helping me I really do appreciate the good advice . Thank you friend

Gerrit- thanks for the picture I can see the difference now. Very nice of you to take the time to post a pic.

Dr- thanks for the post.

Danny and Gerrits exhaustive Heer reference may still be available

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You're supposed to be relaxing on vacation,Larry...unplug the computer...lol
    William