Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard

Article about: Danny, what can i say? SUPERB! Thx for posting these beauty's, great pics you shot my friend! Ger

?

Default Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard

Hi guys, I finally found a Eickhorn army dagger with a type 3 crossguard. It seems like an ordanary dagger but this crossguard is actually very hard to find. This is because it was used for a very short period. I was Lucky to find one with a perfect blade and a beautiful dark grip. Enjoy the pictures.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard   Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard  

Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard   Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard
    P
    Many

?

I now have all four crossguard types by Eickhorn. I thought it would be nice to photograph them together. Here they are.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard   Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard  

?

Close up of type 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard  

?

Eickhorn type 2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn with type 3 crossguard  

?

Type 3

Full set of eickhorns! bet they display beautiful, nice to see a range of grip colours too.

best matty

?

And the last crossguard type used by Eickhorn. Accompanied by a nice grip

Congratulations on finding the type 3 crossguard Danny. It is a lovely dagger. I love the patina on the fittings, especially the scabbard.
    Thank you for posting the photos of the other daggers, a joy to look at.
    It would be nice to see some additional photos of the ivory grip, that is a rare and very beautiful dagger Danny

Wolfgang

Hi Danny..Great photos and and congrats on having all 4 variant types. I do have a question though..on Jon Degens site.. the Eickhorn 4th variant the eagle has its mouth open..compared to your 4th variant type..the mouth is closed. Would this be attributed to possibly a stamping die change? I have noticed small subtle differences between yours and his....for myself and the readers....why may there be varied differences for the Eickhorn Collector. Regards Larry

wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Crossguard Makers Reference
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Larry: You are right, there can be subtle differences in crossguards by the same maker. Especially with a big producer like Eickhorn that produced thousands of this dagger type. The 4th style crossguard was used from 1937 to 1942. It is more than likely the Eickhorn firm changed stamping dies in this timeframe, causing the small differences in the crossguard eagle. Great observation

Wolfgang: I will post some extra pictures of the grip soon. It is indeed a very nice piece

Danny

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast