Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German officer dagger. No maker mark

Article about: Hi Forum, Any thoughts about this dagger? It misses the scabbard. No visible maker mark. Is this the real thing? Zink crossguard but the bird looks a bit weird to my taste. Thank you for you

?

Default German officer dagger. No maker mark

Hi Forum,

Any thoughts about this dagger? It misses the scabbard. No visible maker mark. Is this the real thing?
    Zink crossguard but the bird looks a bit weird to my taste.

Thank you for your thoughts.

German officer dagger. No maker markGerman officer dagger. No maker mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German officer dagger. No maker mark
    P
    Many

?

After digging a bit for myself. I believe the crossguard bird is a late war WKC. I thought it was a generic type A but due to the head of the bird being not sloped I think it is a WKC.
    It is from zinc so it makes me think it is around 1941/1942. The blade however is not marked. Does anyone know if WKC produced these without a mark?

Hang Tight Vocht..Danny or Gerrit who are the House Heer teachers will be along shortly.
    Heer daggers can have many variant fittings from other producers and sometimes hard to keep up with.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Partsdagger imo
    WKC type 4, indeed a late zinker, but it seems to have a plated blade, and thats not a WKC made one.

Ger

?

Gerrit, thank you. You must have been a detective in a previous life. Eye for detail. I passed this one and wait for a different dagger to show up in the future.