Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gustav Spitzer Heer Dagger w/ Wooden Grip

Article about: Hi Gents , With permission from an associate of another forum...I an posting for discussion to the Heer collectors here of the Rarity of Wooden grips used on Heer Daggers. We dont see much o

Default Gustav Spitzer Heer Dagger w/ Wooden Grip

Hi Gents ,

With permission from an associate of another forum...I an posting for discussion to the Heer collectors here of the Rarity of Wooden grips used on Heer Daggers.

We dont see much of of these ..but I am curious if other producers chose to use wood instead of celluloid.

Was this a shortage alternate option ?

Regards Larry

Gustav Spitzer Heer Dagger w/ Wooden Grip Gustav Spitzer Heer Dagger w/ Wooden Grip
    Gustav Spitzer Heer Dagger w/ Wooden Grip Gustav Spitzer Heer Dagger w/ Wooden Grip
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gustav Spitzer Heer Dagger w/ Wooden Grip
    P
    Many

Larry, it looks like my dagger because of the red backround

But unfortunately it is not mine Ok, I had genuine wooden grip only obce time in my hand and it was on unmarked late war produced dagger. On pictures I saw several Klaas daggers with these interesting wooden grips. All daggers which I saw was late war production, so in my opinion producers try to use cheaper and easy to produce materials, so they can produced more, cheaper and in other way more ugly daggers

Peter