Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Dagger

Article about: My son returned a couple of reproduction items that he was told were real. Seller was very understanding and traded for this Heer dagger that he is very proud of.

?

Default Heer Dagger

My son returned a couple of reproduction items that he was told were real. Seller was very understanding and traded for this Heer dagger that he is very proud of.
    Heer DaggerHeer Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger
    P
    Many

?

I believe this is a later war Herder. Looks like the blade has been sharpened. Take a few photos in natural light showing pommel, crossguard and blade front and back. That will help get you good opinions.

Tim

I agree with Tim..with this being a late period example.
    The dagger is in backwards in the scabbard and the scabbard should have 1 screw on the upper reverse side.

need a better photo of the pommel showing the oak leaves.

Its very unfortunate that the blade has been sharpened and devalues the dagger greatly.
    Forum Member Gerrit should be arriving soon to further comment.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

What i can see on my cellphone looks like a late Herder, i see nothing that disturbs me.
    # Larry, the scabbardbands fit Herder.

Regards
    Ger

?

Larry you are totally correct pointing out to the standard generic scabbard the Danny & I published in our book.
    That is the most common one to find on these Herders.
    The one that is on this one is also the generic type, found on for example Schaaff (page 175)
    I have np seeing on a very late army a mix of generic parts, in this case the zink scabbardbands and the zink pommel are a 100% match.
    I have seen similar late produced daggers with different scabbards, sometimes generic A and sometimes having a B type.
    Its a bit confusing i must admit, but looking overall the condition and the use of zink on pommel and bands im having np with this combination.
    Sometimes you take whats thrown at you, rathen then the known textbook configuration.

Ger

?

Sorry about the late reply. Thank you for all the info.