Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dagger, genuine?

Article about: Hello everyone! I was asked to move the daggers to the right part of the forum, so please see if you can help me determine if ths is a genuine dagger? I have these two daggers from an americ

?

Default Heer dagger, genuine?

Hello everyone!
    I was asked to move the daggers to the right part of the forum, so please see if you can help me determine if ths is a genuine dagger?
    I have these two daggers from an american vetrerans estate, he served in germany, probably after the war ended.
    One is a Heer dagger and the other is a Kriegsmarine. Heer dagger, genuine?Heer dagger, genuine?Heer dagger, genuine?Heer dagger, genuine?
    Kind regards Jocke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger, genuine?
    P
    Many

As was mentioned in your original thread, the ferrule and chain are from two totally different daggers other than the Heer pattern so before going any further you have to consider this a "parts dagger".

It was not unusual in the burgeoning souvenir market just after the war for "whole" items to be made up from unused parts stock to sell to the occupying troops.
    Sometimes they ended up with all the correct parts but often not. Either because the people doing it didn't know or didn't care but just as likely because the potential purchasers didn't know either!

This certainly doesn't make it worthless. Just worth less. There is always a demand for original parts to restore damaged items. That said I can't say for sure from these pics whether the parts themselves are all original although we have some real experts here who probably could. Stand by for more input!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks Mark! I get that its a parts dagger if its ok, but im a bit uncertain on this one.
    The handle just seems so "cheap" and bad quality.