Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dagger kolping

Article about: Hello.I came across a heer dagger from a rare maker.At first I thought it was a parts knife ,but after research it turned out to be a nice dagger.What do you think of this dagger? Thanks Ale

Default Heer dagger kolping

Hello.I came across a heer dagger from a rare maker.At first I thought it was a parts knife ,but after research it turned out to be a nice dagger.What do you think of this dagger?
    Thanks Aleks.Heer dagger kolpingHeer dagger kolpingHeer dagger kolpingHeer dagger kolpingHeer dagger kolping

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger kolping
    P
    Many

?

Check out the forum threads. I think the example is correct. Wait for more opinions here there are experts on these daggers.
    Regards Georgi.

I see no issues with the dagger itself but the scabbards bands are something I have not encountered before having a thick border appearance which also had me look to see if the scabbard screw is correct which it is now.
    This lone producer used scabbards with no screws.

H. Kolping only produced one type of dagger and what should be seen is a scabbard with no screws,,Gerrit or Danny can explain further.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

From what I understand about the Hans Kolping heer dagger as Larry stated is correct. Ger and Danny can confirm if we are correct being resident Heer experts. The scabbard throat had no retaining screws. This was one of the types that were installed in position while the upper scabbard was hot. When the scabbard cooled, it shrank perfectly over the throat, keeping it nice and tight.

Heer dagger kolping

Heer dagger kolping
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hello. Thanks for the help.
    The scabbard is from another manufacturer. The seller has chosen a similar scabbard, which can easily mislead someone. Before I made the thread, I looked at two examples in the forum, one was without a scabbard, and I did not notice the lack of a screw in the other. Only the high price asked by the seller made me ask in the forum. No dealer can be trusted anymore.

?

Here was a Hans Kopling Heer sold awhile back that looks to have a scabbard with the screw present. The pommel is an Alcoso. Interested to hear what Ger, Danny and Larry think on this one. Always something in the hobby that will be worth researching and learning.

Heer dagger kolping

Description: More pictures archived with Paul at Lakesidetrader here: Rare - Army Dagger by H. Kolping | Lakesidetrader

Heer dagger kolping
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

The Kolping daggers come with screwless scabbards as stated above, this one has been replaced.
    The Kolping from LST is a true partsdagger i feel sorry for the current owner....

Ger