Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heer Dagger Mid Period Eickhorn

Article about: Was at the local show today and was approached by a Gent I know who had some daggers for sale. Was not really interested but went out to the car for a look see. This was the better of the tw

MAP
    ?

Default Heer Dagger Mid Period Eickhorn

Was at the local show today and was approached by a Gent I know who had some daggers for sale. Was not really interested but went out to the car for a look see. This was the better of the two.

Not being a dagger guy I took a chance as the price was right.

So here is a mid war Eickhorn Heer dagger. Pommel has 14 leaves and appears to be from WKC. But wear on the whole dagger is uniform throughout so I think it is original to the piece.

(Thanks to Larry for the help. If anything is wrong, you know who to blame.)

The blade needs a bit of TLC but not too bad. The scabbard though has a nice big Door Dent! I like it. The purists might not. Adds character to me. Blade goes in and out with no problem.

Any other information on the dagger is appreciated!

Last edited by MAP; 02-23-2020 at 10:10 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Mid Period Eickhorn
    P
    Many

You did well Michael and the dent could be from a staff car from the period. Who knows
    Great patina through out and a little simichrome TLC for the blade will clean it up a little.

Congrats

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    You did well Michael and the dent could be from a staff car from the period. Who knows
    Great patina through out and a little simichrome TLC for the blade will clean it up a little.

Congrats

Best Larry
    Thanks Larry. Knew enough that it was a "buy it now" opportunity as it all looked to have been together from the time before time.

Will get this over to you for a "dagger detailing"

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

lovin' that grip colour Michael
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

MAP
    ?

Quote by Alan M View Post
    lovin' that grip colour Michael
    Thanks Alan.

This dagger sat in the same position for a long time as one side is lighter than the other. Look at the 2nd and 3rd photos.

?

I would date this straight after their initial type 1 production, so earlier then your mid period.
    Still having the tapered tang, early pommel and first type scabbardbands.
    Why do you think it has a WKC pommel?
    Eickhorn slants have a 14 leave pommel too

nice addition to your collection.

Regards
    Ger

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ger for the great info. Very helpful and nice detail

The WKC pommel was just a misidentification so great to get that cleared up.
    Last edited by MAP; 02-24-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    I would date this straight after their initial type 1 production, so earlier then your mid period.
    Still having the tapered tang, early pommel and first type scabbardbands.
    Why do you think it has a WKC pommel?
    Eickhorn slants have a 14 leave pommel too

nice addition to your collection.

Regards
    Ger
    Well said by the Master
    Its better news yet !

Im still hopping through the grass in the realm of Heer.
    Thanks Ger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Well said by the Master
    Its better news yet !

Im still hopping through the grass in the realm of Heer.
    Thanks Ger
    So...a transitional...between type 1 and mid period?

.....if we had to put a "lable" on it?

Fun stuff. An opportunistic purchase out of the back of a car for $250. I'm happy with the chance I took! Turned out to be worth the risk this time

Get - learned a bit on these as it's not my area. Need to look for your book now so I can understand all these terms

?

Nice pick up!
    Does the dent interfere with the blade when you are putting the blade in?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast