Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Dagger - Opinions Please

Article about: Hello All Here's an army dagger for your expert consideration. I've had my eye on one of these for quite a while, but wanted to research this item properly to ensure I'm not wasting my money

?

Thumbs up Heer Dagger - Opinions Please

Hello All

Here's an army dagger for your expert consideration. I've had my eye on one of these for quite a while, but wanted to research this item properly to ensure I'm not wasting my money. Using this website and other materials such as wardaggers.com etc. I'm pretty sure this one is OK. The price is £450, which doesn't sound too bad - thoughts?

However my concerns are as follows - Is the side-screw scabbard correct for this dagger? Do the oak leaves above the cross guard need to be facing either left or right? or is this irrelevant? Am I right in saying that the grip on these daggers were originally meant to be bright yellow? (UV light changes the colour over time?). On some daggers, I've seen the position of the WKC makers mark slightly higher (towards the tip of blade), what about this one?

I have a few more pictures if required

Once again, thanks for your help guys skip01.

Heer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions PleaseHeer Dagger - Opinions Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger - Opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

This dagger has 1 problem: the crossguard is a generic A type, and not the WKC Type 4 Tomahawk style.
    The scabbard with 1 side throatscrew is a typical WKC treat.

Logo's can be placed higher or lower, depends on the guy who applied them, there was no strick order to place them on 1 spot only.
    Grip colours vary on sunlight UV exposure time, with a very wide range, white to lemon yellow up to red and dark brown.

Cheers
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-17-2018 at 07:29 AM.

?

Thanks for the timely response, gerrit. I can't believe I didn't spot the crossguard! So would this mean that it's a 'parts-dagger'? (with the crossguard switched for a generic A type) or is this something that is seen on other WKC daggers?

Current observed Type A generic crossguards used by these producers to date :

Rudolf Buchel
    Clemen & Jung
    AES " Aesculap "
    H. Kolping
    Fridericus
    CJ Krebs
    Puma
    Arthur Schuttlehoffer
    Paul Seilheimer
    Tiger
    WMW - Max Weyersburg
    Emil Voos
    CD Schaaf
    PD Luneschloss
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

IMO the Original guard has been replaced, most likely a denazified one.

Ger

?

Thanks for the useful info, Larry C

Ahh I see, its a shame when dealers do this sort of thing. Thanks all for your time and guidance, as a relatively new collector I'm keen to learn the error of my ways and I never take an expert's opinion for granted!

Cheers, skip01.

May be a replacement guard, or not? I believe WKC made the A generic as a fitting to sell to other makers.. design is just to similar IMO. Take the appearance of the A gen on Eickhorns, and I have witnessed one from the Vet like that.. Eick only swapped with WKC IMO.. Is this dagger apt to be questioned? YES, but it has a chance of being original configuration I think. best, Kevin.