MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer dagger – original Gustav Spitzer?

Article about: Can you please help me determinate originality at this dagger? It’s unmarked with a quite good blade and nice details. A good collector friend of mine think it’s a Gustav Spitzer, but as far

Default Heer dagger – original Gustav Spitzer?

Can you please help me determinate originality at this dagger? It’s unmarked with a quite good blade and nice details. A good collector friend of mine think it’s a Gustav Spitzer, but as far as I have understand, it’s a maker that usually mark his items? Could it be right anyway? Or could it be an WKC? His judgment is (including others), the gross beak on the eagle and it’s very carefully made details over all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer dagger – original Gustav Spitzer?   Heer dagger – original Gustav Spitzer?  

Heer dagger – original Gustav Spitzer?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger – original Gustav Spitzer?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer dagger – original Gustav Spitzer?

Please, help me Even if you don't have an opionion, so let me know wath ever you think about this! Hit it!

Hi Korgossen, I don't know alot about daggers, just giving my opinion since no one else has yet. Appears to be a typical WKC manufacture to me. Give the dagger guys alittle more time to repond.

Jay

looks to me like a type A generic crossguard used by many producers but as they are often mistaken with later WKC, i will have a little look and see,
    cheers Ronnie

It does appear to be generic Type A. See wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Crossguard Makers Reference for illustrations.

That said, it's a very nice looking dagger. (drool, drool)

just checked out in the books and this is a generic, the beak on the WKC follows thru with the forehead but the generic actually has a forehead like the example shown above, hope you can understand my explination and hope this helps,
    cheers Ronnie

You did a great job explaining Ronnie. I just looked it up again, and you are 100% correct. The top of the WKC beak is almost straight across from the tip to the back of the head. Exactly as you say, the generic has a forehead. I love this forum, I have so much to learn.

Jay

?

very nice army dagger ! ronnie is correct .

Good original dagger.

Cheers, Ade.

Very nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast