Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Dagger, Repro?

Article about: hi alll, first post so be kind! More of a WW1 collector but have seen this dagger for sale locally and am unsure if its a repro have spent a few hours reading all the guide on this forum (th

Default Heer Dagger, Repro?

hi alll, first post so be kind!

More of a WW1 collector but have seen this dagger for sale locally and am unsure if its a repro
    have spent a few hours reading all the guide on this forum (thank you) but im still drawing a blank.
    My initial thought is that the eagle on the cross guard looks like no others in the guides and the pommel is misaligned so again im suspicious, also the hangers makers mark dont appear on any of the hanger guides as far as i can see-i was hoping an expert could provide some advise please?
    nb i have more images but didnt want to spam too many, thanks

Heer Dagger, Repro?Heer Dagger, Repro?Heer Dagger, Repro?Heer Dagger, Repro?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger, Repro?
    P
    Many

Hi Moose if you have more photos post them....there can never be too many photos ..the more the better.

There is a pinned thread at the top of this Heer forum on hangers > Early army daggers hangers in all their Varieties

The crossguard is common but Generic...the pommel is knarled up and more photos would be best to see the detail.

Please show the scabbard as well front and back .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for the swift response Larry-here are some more
    Heer Dagger, Repro?Heer Dagger, Repro?Heer Dagger, Repro?Heer Dagger, Repro?Heer Dagger, Repro?

I think it’s original, but at sometime the pommel has been smashed against something hard, which has led to the damage observed. PY.

Hello Moose..I did not forget you ..I will look into this when i get home from work...or if Gerrit sees it first.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Late production period with correct Generic crossguard Type A...scabbard appears to be correct as well for this maker. The pommel is chewed up up a bit and hard to discern if it has 12 oak leafs.

A beaten up dagger that appears good.
    Wait for Gerrit as well.

Regards Larry

?

Puma used generic parts on their later type daggers.
    The potmetal parts (and even aluminium) easily corrode when they are stored in bad conditions, and thats what happend with the pommel.
    we call that Zinkpest, it slowly eats the potmetal.
    The scabbard has the flush sidescrews, typical for Puma.
    Original dagger in bad condition, deluxe hanger is also original.

Best
    Ger

Ger