Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dolch Opinions

Article about: I have found recently this dagger on ads for sale, and I am pretty sure that it is not genuine one, but wanted to double check that. I know that pictures are terrible. I contacted seller try

Default Heer dolch Opinions

I have found recently this dagger on ads for sale, and I am pretty sure that it is not genuine one, but wanted to double check that. I know that pictures are terrible. I contacted seller trying to get better photos from him and didnt succeeded to do that, he simply didnt send any for no obvious reason. Anyhow I would like to hear opinions about dagger from experts here.

Regards,

Leopold

Heer dolch  OpinionsHeer dolch  OpinionsHeer dolch  Opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dolch  Opinions
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a so called generic type dagger. Better photos probably are needed. But judging from these photos it looks good so far.

I have a similar dagger that you could compare to here: The best christmas gift i could've wished for!

Thank you Tobias so much, I appreciate it really.

It looks like your dagger indeed, so it might be original example. Agree absolutely that beeter photos are needed, but didn't get them so far and probably won't.

Regards,

Leopold

That crossguard wreath is very tiny and unlike any Heer crossguards that I have seen,,which means its not looking good at all.

This forum thrives on decent and clear photos....to help determination of authenticity. Sorry to say..these photos are not even half decent.
    If the seller can not provide greater photos ..then dont waste your time because what I had already mentioned about the Swastika wreath is maybe one of a few discrepancies he may be hiding.

Walk away
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry. I will pass on this dagger then, that is certainly the best decision taking all things into account.

Regards,

Leopold

?

Well its genuine for sure, although the pics are totally crap its clear to see its a WKC Type 4 with the typical WKC scabbard with 1 sidescrew and eckhorn scabbardbands.
    The crossguard has been denazified and they have added a type of wreath with swastika, most likely glued.

Not 1 you would want in your collection.

Cheers
    Ger

?

Quote by Sensei View Post
    Looks like a so called generic type dagger. Better photos probably are needed. But judging from these photos it looks good so far.

I have a similar dagger that you could compare to here: The best christmas gift i could've wished for!
    Well Tobias you have a generic type A guard, with generic type B style scabbardbands and an early mismatching pommel.

Regards
    Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well Tobias you have a generic type A guard, with generic type B style scabbardbands and an early mismatching pommel.

Regards
    Ger
    Thanks for clearing that up. My mistake!

Thank you Ger for that clarification. I do not want to have some messed up dagger like this one for sure.

Regards,

Leopold