Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Klaas estate item

Article about: Offered this dagger by a local estate. Heer is not my speciality at all and given the essence of time I do not think I can adequately research this. Any comments are appreciated, whether it

Question Heer Klaas estate item

Offered this dagger by a local estate. Heer is not my speciality at all and given the essence of time I do not think I can adequately research this. Any comments are appreciated, whether it is legitimate and an estimated value for a private party/estate sale. Thank you!

Heer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate item

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Klaas estate item
    P
    Many

?

In your pictures one very important part is missing: the blade. Can you post some more pictures of the dagger out of it's scabbard? The crossguard is a quite rare alu Pack guard with typical Klaas hand enhancements. Very nice! Love to see more pictures.

Regards
    Danny

Quote by dr73 View Post
    In your pictures one very important part is missing: the blade. Can you post some more pictures of the dagger out of it's scabbard? The crossguard is a quite rare alu Pack guard with typical Klaas hand enhancements. Very nice! Love to see more pictures.

Regards
    Danny
    Hi Danny, thanks for chiming in. Originally I told the seller to not worry about those photos but I will ask for them. What do you think this is worth private party? They are also selling this Wehrpass Estate Wehrpass and some original 8x10 AP photos from both the ETO and PTO. I offered $500-600 for this dagger, Wehrpass and those photos and they seemed on board with that. There are also several signed items from Medal of Honor recipient Joe Foss including his life magazine cover and a model F-4F Wildcat that is also signed. I'm not really into signatures so I didn't offer on those, but are unique pieces.

?

If the blade is nice, $500 - $600 is a very reasonable price for this dagger. I can't comment on the other items since those are not in my field of expertise.

Danny

Quote by dr73 View Post
    If the blade is nice, $500 - $600 is a very reasonable price for this dagger. I can't comment on the other items since those are not in my field of expertise.

Danny
    Am I overpaying at all? I told her I would not low ball her, but I'm not paying dealer prices. I also don't know that I plan to keep it. I'm not drawn nor particularly wanting a Heer. I would like to use it to fund another helmet or SS dagger purchase but I'm not sure I'd be able to find a buyer in this environment. What do these tend to go for retail? Trying to find an example somewhere.

?

You could look at the website of lakesidetrader.com. His prices are fair for a dealer. Deduct 20-30% and you will have a collector to collector price. Of course not every army dagger is the same. One is more rare than the other. This Klaas dagger is pretty rare. I've only seen a handfull with this guard so far.

Yeah, I actually use them quite a lot for quick comparisons but they only have one Klaas and it's not this type. 30% off the one they have would put it in the $490 range. I'll try and get those blade photos ASAP. Someone over at WAF was asking about an X on the edges of the scabbard bands?

Hi Ak ... not sure the owner knows what he has..but as for rarity as said by Danny ..this type does not come around too often and is very collectable for the Heer type collector.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here's what we got

Heer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate itemHeer Klaas estate item

?

That’s a very nice looking blade. I bet it will even get better when you wipe it down with a soft cloth. I would go for it!

Regards
    Danny

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast