Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch

Article about: Hello every one, I saw on line this one, I was looking at its characteristics, is there anything wrong? The oxidation of the maker logo is normal in that way? Thank you

Default Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch

Hello every one,
    I saw on line this one, I was looking at its characteristics, is there anything wrong?
    The oxidation of the maker logo is normal in that way?

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch   Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch  

Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch   Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch  

Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch   Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch  

Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch  
    Last edited by stationmaster; 10-19-2022 at 10:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officer Dagger Eickhorn Dolch
    P
    Many

Hello Mr Station ......viewing the crosguard eagle ...is not one that I find in comparison in Gerrit and Dannys Heer reference ...of which being an Eickhorn type.

I dont know what that topical mess is on the scabbard.
    The Hangers another member will have to comment on.

The blade has condition issues and may have resulted in the way it was stored ...which lessens the value of the dagger.

These Heer daggers are a challenge since most of the producers making this type...traded fittings with each other and I would wait for Danny Or Gerrit to arrive to further comment giving you the correct information on the details of your dagger.

Do you have this dagger in your possession ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello Mr Station ......viewing the crosguard eagle ...is not one that I find in comparison in Gerrit and Dannys Heer reference ...of which being an Eickhorn type.

I dont know what that topical mess is on the scabbard.
    The Hangers another member will have to comment on.

The blade has condition issues and may have resulted in the way it was stored ...which lessens the value of the dagger.

These Heer daggers are a challenge since most of the producers making this type...traded fittings with each other and I would wait for Danny Or Gerrit to arrive to further comment giving you the correct information on the details of your dagger.

Do you have this dagger in your possession ?

Regards Larry
    Hello MR Larry, thank you for your answer and point of view... No it is not mine.
    Yes daggers could be a minefield, btw it looks quite a real one.
    Last edited by stationmaster; 10-19-2022 at 10:27 PM.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post

These Heer daggers are a challenge since most of the producers making this type...traded fittings with each other

Regards Larry
    Larry, you raise a sometimes over-looked point. Not to go too far off on a tangent, but I once had a forum "expert" denigrate one of my daggers because the scabbard fittings were not from the same mfg as the dagger. I had heard of the manufacturers helping each other out with parts when another was trying to complete large orders on time, but I wanted a bit more. I contacted the late Thomas Johnson and asked if I should be concerned about my dagger. He said, "absolutely not" and was kind enough to send me photocopies of invoices between dagger makers documenting that such parts "borrowing" took place. Tom was a class act in our hobby and is missed.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Larry, you raise a sometimes over-looked point. Not to go too far off on a tangent, but I once had a forum "expert" denigrate one of my daggers because the scabbard fittings were not from the same mfg as the dagger. I had heard of the manufacturers helping each other out with parts when another was trying to complete large orders on time, but I wanted a bit more. I contacted the late Thomas Johnson and asked if I should be concerned about my dagger. He said, "absolutely not" and was kind enough to send me photocopies of invoices between dagger makers documenting that such parts "borrowing" took place. Tom was a class act in our hobby and is missed.
    I know Tom has found a few documents which showed commercial buys between companies, we know for example that henckels bought alcoso parts, that WKC bought Eickhorn scabbards, that Pack sold its Pack type 1 to a lot of small firms, and for example aluminium Type 2 guard to some 14 companies, BUT........ keep in mind that if you see an Alcoso or a Pack an Eickhorn or a WKC which has NO in house made Parts, its most likely that parts have been swapped.

To simply state that all is possible is not correct, you also have to look at the materials of the parts and style ( early or late) if you have a slantgrip WKC dagger with a late style guard Type 4 WKC can not be original to the dagger.
    In this Tom as a lot of other dealers did not always kept that in mind, or simply lacked the info to handle it correctly, after all a sale is needed

Thats why Danny and I published our army reference book "Heeresdolche" .

The dagger above is a very early one with a type 2 style Guard and second logo, with a type 1 scabbard, very nice early bird, unfortunate a bad preserved blade.

BTW the Portepee is original, the Hanger is a copy.

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    I know Tom has found a few documents which showed commercial buys between companies, we know for example that henckels bought alcoso parts, that WKC bought Eickhorn scabbards, that Pack sold its Pack type 1 to a lot of small firms, and for example aluminium Type 2 guard to some 14 companies, BUT........ keep in mind that if you see an Alcoso or a Pack an Eickhorn or a WKC which has NO in house made Parts, its most likely that parts have been swapped.

To simply state that all is possible is not correct, you also have to look at the materials of the parts and style ( early or late) if you have a slantgrip WKC dagger with a late style guard Type 4 WKC can not be original to the dagger.
    In this Tom as a lot of other dealers did not always kept that in mind, or simply lacked the info to handle it correctly, after all a sale is needed

Thats why Danny and I published our army reference book "Heeresdolche" .

The dagger above is a very early one with a type 2 style Guard and second logo, with a type 1 scabbard, very nice early bird, unfortunate a bad preserved blade.

BTW the Portepee is original, the Hanger is a copy.

Ger
    Thank you for you reply, good to know that the dagger is real and an early type, this is a good reference to understand the characteristics.
    Last edited by stationmaster; 10-06-2022 at 04:35 PM.

TWS
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post

To simply state that all is possible is not correct,

Ger
    I hope that's not what you got out of my post or think it is what I was trying to say. We never suspend common sense.

Totally agree that a mix of early and late parts or complete lack of in-house parts would definitely not be adequately explained by the fact different manufacturers helped each other out with some odds and ends from time to time.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Great post … I’m just feeling better about my “hobby skills” because I thought the hanger looked bad … cheers, Dan