Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee

Article about: Hello all, I was hoping that I'd be able to have the invaluable input of some of this forum's Third Reich dagger experts on the authenticity/general information of the pictured Heer dagger.

?

Question Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee

Hello all,

I was hoping that I'd be able to have the invaluable input of some of this forum's Third Reich dagger experts on the authenticity/general information of the pictured Heer dagger.

I'm new to Third Reich edged weapons and so I'm cautious of making an uninformed purchase...

Questions on my mind are:

1. First and foremost, is this dagger authentic?
    2. Is this dagger original or a combination of parts? (Parts dagger)
    3. Are the hangers and portepee correct and original?

Please do share any thoughts and general advice if you can!

P.S. I have asked the dealer for some additional photos of the piece, which I will aim to share here ASAP (appreciate non angled, closer pictures are preferred, but these are what I have right now...)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee   Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee  

Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee   Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee
    P
    Many

Hello Gumrum....for further observation the community will need close up photos of the front of the crossguard...the pommel and front and back of the scabbard ...Please.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry! I’ll be sure to ask the dealer for these exact pictures and shall post them here ASAP.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

?

Also ask him for a photo with the pommel without the wrist strap. Alcoso pommels are smaller in diameter than the handle

?

Hello all, as promised I have requested and received some of the updated images... Hopefully these allow for your expert opinions!

Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee

?

Higher resolution pictures without compression...!

Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and PortepeeHelp with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee

Hello Gum ....I guess these photos from the seller are going to be as good as it gets.

Everything appears to be correct for this being a mid to late period dagger. The pommel Im not too sure of and I had send Gerrit a message to take a look to confirm the pommel and anything else ...but the dagger otherwise looks to have been together from the beginning due to the patina and details expected on an Alcoso.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I see np here, an early type 3
    Alcoso mixed quite a bit with parts, so early pommels on type 3 guards are not oncommon.

cheers
    Ger
    Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee

?

Default Some updated pictures

Hello all,

I've now received this dagger from the seller (World Waugh Militaria) and have taken the time to get some more detailed pictures for you all.

Do let me know if there are any other pictures that might be helpful!

Thanks again for your time!

- Gumrum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee   Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee  

Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee   Help with authenticating Alcoso Heer dagger w/ Hangers and Portepee  

?

That's a beautiful piece! Great condition. Pretty early production too. A keeper for sure! Nowadays daggers like this are not easy to find.

Regards
    Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast