Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HELP! Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!! HEER Dagger

Article about: Hello, I'm basically a newbie who has lurked here a good while... I never thought I'd have to write you all about this! I'm in a real personal financial emergency due to Covid, etc. I'm not

Default HELP! Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!! HEER Dagger

Hello,

I'm basically a newbie who has lurked here a good while... I never thought I'd have to write you all about this! I'm in a real personal financial emergency due to Covid, etc. I'm not really a dagger collector but many yrs ago I had the option to buy this unmarked Heer dagger from a friend who needed help himself... so I bought it.

All I really know was what he emailed me about this dagger. He said it wasn't "mint" -- no chip or damage to the handle and described the blade finish as good as the day it was made. I could only feel one of the tintiest of nicks along the blade edge with my finger. He noted that the oak leaf motifs around the pommel cap and ferrule as well as the scabbard rings showed remnants of gold-plating. The throat washer is original and intact. He also said of the pommel cap, that it "unscrewed with ease and is a snug fit and (there) was not a single spot of oxidation or blemish on the untouched/uncleaned blade." He told me even though it was unmarked it was likely a Solingen sub-contractor made specimen.

So, with all that said, I know this isn't the part of the forum to sell a dagger like this... my concern is just trying to get a ballpark idea of how I should price this now? I could try to sell it on the part of this website where I think there is a place to sell... or I guess I could try to reach out to some of the big dealer websites but I know they prob wouldn't offer me what I might get if I sold it directly to someone and of course eBay is out although I might be able to message some folks I know from some private Facebook groups to see if anyone there might buy it. I really need help/advice... I don't know more details like if this is early or late war or what "Type" it might be or those other little facts that might help a sale! Thank you in advance for any suggestions and feel free to private message me if needed!

Jean
    HELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER DaggerHELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER Dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER Dagger  
    Last edited by july4girl; 05-07-2020 at 04:21 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP!  Due to COVID, I need advice... personal emergency!!  HEER Dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Jean ..we are all in this Covid mess and all have our priorities that we must meet.

It is my understanding since you said you had the option of buying this dagger which it appears you did not because your friend emailed you about it and the details..yet you want to sell this dagger that is not in your possession? ...this is what Im reading in your text above.

So You want to use our services here for free so you can reach out to other dealers and give them the opportunity to sell that dagger?
    Thats a slap in the face wanting the community here to give out a valuation which this website doesnt offer those services.

Why dont you just go directly to those dealers because what they will offer is what this dagger is really worth. Good Luck
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

I am sorry my post wasn't written very well... I have gone back and edited it some. I did buy it from a guy I knew a long time ago but I'm not a dagger collector or dealer. I just am in a bad situation now and don't really know the market and how to faithfully describe this dagger or generally what I should ask for it. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm so stressed out right now... my life is falling to pieces. Again, my apologies.

The problem is that this dagger in its present condition being an unmarked late period type with a crack gripped may or may not sell no matter the price tag you put on it during this Covid19 time.

Current value if your lucky $300 US
    If you post here again soliciting another item that will be sold elsewhere..I will ban you myself.
    Please leave !!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

Thank you for your time... I didn't mean to "solicit" to sell elsewhere... by elsewhere do you mean not on warrelics.eu? I am fine with using warrelics.eu once I find the specific forum that I should use to sell it here. I mainly just didn't know how to describe the dagger, wasn't sure if what my friend had emailed me so long ago was really correct. I was just thinking out loud and wondering where I should go to try to get the best value, that's what I meant by asking advice also.

Your original post before you edited it was very clear of your intentions to use Warrelics resources / database and members and publicly sell elsewhere / outside of Warrelics.
    I hope that is clear enough.

I dont hold grudges and I am not angry ...just disappointed. Your life is upside down as many are currently around this world. I gave you a value. Some others will be along to comment on this dagger for you.
    You are welcome to stay but my warning posted above still stands.
    I will not further comment.

Larry