Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My First Heer Dagger - Alcoso

Article about: Hot on the heels of my first bayonets late last week, here is my first dagger, a Heer one made by Alcoso. It comes with hangers so I just need to find a nice portepee to go with it.

Default My First Heer Dagger - Alcoso

Hot on the heels of my first bayonets late last week, here is my first dagger, a Heer one made by Alcoso.

It comes with hangers so I just need to find a nice portepee to go with it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Heer Dagger - Alcoso
    P
    Many

Very Nice Heer Dagger

?

Hi Jamie,

first of all, please put the dagger the right way in its scabbard, before Ade catches you with your pants down...
    After that please compare you dagger with one of the following textbook Alcoso 3th model daggers
    Alcoso 3th pattern Heer dagger with distributers marked blade
    or, the links look the same but these are 2 different daggers
    Alcoso 3th pattern Heer dagger with distributers marked blade

you have to make better pics of the pommel, yours looks like a generic.
    I would also like to see the scabbard bands.

Regards
    Ger

Hi Gerrit

First of all, I have next to no idea about the finer points of daggerectomy (a new word I've just invented ha ha), as I am new to this. So apologies if I show ignorance where none was intended.

I shall get better images of the pommel tomorrow, is there something wrong with it?

In deciding to buy this dagger, I used the basic knowledge that I had picked up ie, make sure there is a makers mark, ensure the pommel is correct for the model of dagger so I am sure in future, my purchases will be of a higher standard or, if I can't afford that much, a standard that is high enough and expensive enough at this early stage.

?

Jamie Alcoso has his own special type pommels, and i would like to see an Alcoso made of Alcoso parts.
    The generic pommel is not one of them.
    We have a lot of heer daggers for review here on this forum, so if you would take the time you can surely benefit of the large source of info provided by numerous pics and text info provided in the threads.
    Besides that they do sell dagger books, there seems to be a new Heeresdolche reference book on the market since may this year
    I heard it is pretty good

Ger

Gerrit

Whilst I took on board your advice in your first post, I think you are not understanding my explanation.

I AM A BEGINNER TO COLLECTING. I have explained that I used what little knowledge I had at the time when purchasing this dagger and obviously the finer points eg The Alcoso pommel are things that I will become adept at identifying in time.

You may like to see an Alcoso dagger made with all Alcoso parts but to a novice, who 1 does not yet have the skills to identify a 'pure' dagger or 2 the money to commit to the expense involved, that comment could come across as quite arrogant and dismissive.

I was quite happy with what I had purchased as it appeared to be in good condition, but thank you for taking the shine off my first dagger acquirement.

I am not going to get into a tennis match of commenting on this thread so please take this reply as closing of the subject.

?

Jamie im sorry if my reply takes away the shine of your first dagger, i never had that intension.
    People post here to find out if their dagger is what they hope it would be.
    The novice asks the seasoned collectors to help them with purchages etc.
    If you post here you sometimes get answers that you will not expect or like, sorry for that.
    If i wouldnt share my knowledge then this forum would be an empty shell for me.
    I will not make a contest out of this, this is not what i intend, and i only have the best intentions.
    If you would take the time to read a few of my posts you will come to the same conclusions.

We Always promote to new/novice members to post the wanted object before buying it, that can prevent a lot of sorrow.

Best
    Ger

?

Hi Jamie,

Can the dagger be returned at all maybe if your not happy with it now ?

just a thought mate,

Regards Mac 66

Hi Mac

Unfortunately not. It's not that I'm unhappy with it, for my first dagger, and for the price I won it at auction for (just over £200) I am pretty content.

It's not as top notch as I thought, but thanks to everyones input, I now know that my next one will be better.

Until such time as I may come across an orphaned Alcoso pommel, do you guys think it would be worth adding a portepee to it? Or should I just cut my losses and as the saying goes "buy the best you can afford" when it comes to the next one?

My continued thanks

?

Hi Jamie,

The price you paid was pretty good & you got hangers with it so that good you never overpaid,

it would be idea to search out the correct pommel for it thru time, check out the correct one needed first, maybe Ger can post pix of the one you need ?

Guy over in the USA called Ray Krans deal in dagger parts so he might be your best bet, his email: rkrans@knology.net

B.T.W the patina of the pommel seems to match the rest of the fittings so who knows how long its been with the dagger ??, could have always been this way since the war ?

Post pix on here of the next dagger your interested in before you buy, always helpful to have a

Good Luck !

Mac 66

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast