Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

New arrival: Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)

Article about: I'm not a dedicated edged weapons collector, so I don't venture over to this section of the forum often. I like daggers, swords and bayonets, but for the most part over the years I acquired

TWS
    ?

Default New arrival: Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)

I'm not a dedicated edged weapons collector, so I don't venture over to this section of the forum often. I like daggers, swords and bayonets, but for the most part over the years I acquired them somewhat casually just to have representative examples and to go with uniform displays.
    In the past 2-3 years, I have found my interest in this topic increasing so I expect to be in this section of the forum more often to learn. Because I don't have the knowledge of minutia like our more specialized edged weapon collecting members, I sent photos of this new acquisition over to Larry and he was very kind and took the time to give me an analysis:

The dagger is a late period production ..having ALL Generic fittings from what I can see including the scabbard. Nice example ^_^
    The scabbard throat has some discoloration but due to the fact it is a late period production assembly I have no problem with it being a mid period throat.
    The scabbard is correct having the one flat head side screw. Over all a great dagger.
    The tag is original from what I can see ...but I can not prove it came with the dagger unless this was a direct vet acquisition.

The dagger was not a direct veteran or woodwork acquisition and I bought it with the attitude of "who knows" when the tag met the dagger. Now, after all this verbiage here are the photos:

New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New arrival:  Heer Dagger by WKC (Weyersburg Kirschbaum & Cie)
    P
    Many

?

That’s a very nice textbook WKC army dagger.

Regards
    Danny

?

Nice piece! Congrats!

Ron

?

just the best.

raz
    ?

Great looking dagger Todd . Congratulations sir .

?

Great looking type 4 WKC, as Danny stated already textbook in any way!

Great addition to your collection.
    congratz!

Ger