Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....

Article about: Here is a recent find I am very happy with and needed for the Slant collection.. I have seen quite a few from Sielheimer but none other with these nicely hand enhanced fittings so I jumped o

Default Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....

Here is a recent find I am very happy with and needed for the Slant collection.. I have seen quite a few from Sielheimer but none other with these nicely hand enhanced fittings so I jumped on it. Like your opinions on the origins of these fittings, I have my idea's and I would appreciate you learned fellows feedback! Best, Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....   Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....  

Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....   Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....  

Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....   Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....
    P
    Many

more pics..

Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....

?

Nice one, looks like E.Pack 2nd guard and Pack scabbard.

Tomaz

?

That does look very nice.
    I have a TR leopard head sword made by Paul Sielheimer and have thought about getting a dagger made by him.
    That is really a beauty and I'm glad to see that he made quality daggers.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Kevin,

I´m not at home so I can´t look at my reference or archive, but I think your´s crossguard looks very similar to Weyersberg types, but it has several differences...

But it is outstanding dagger and certainly unique.

Peter

I like this photo the best which shows the patina rubbed off exposing silver highlights to the feathering . Nice effect through wartime carry.

Thanks for sharing this Kevin. Regards Larry

Last edited by Larry C; 10-18-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Kevin that is a true beauty!
    This one is a great mix, i think the base of this one started with a Pack type 2 guard, but they changed its head, which unmistakenly has a weyersberg appearance.
    The rounded head of the eagle and the lazy eye are typical Weyersberg features.
    Slowly we see more and more the cooperation between firms in the early days.
    The Weyersberg lazy eyes we see on the WKC type 2 guard, but also on the Pack type 2A Aluminium guards.

Congratz on this great gem!

Regards,
    Ger

i would love to hear Tom & Danny's opinion on this guard too, as there are more newly discoverd guards seen the last year!!

here on the left a Pack type 2, look at the circled areas

Thanks all and yes Ger, my thoughts are the same on the guard.. unmistakably Pack in the shape of eagle body and feet. I guess the only question was if it started as a Pack 1st or 2nd? My first reaction was Pack 2nd also but could Sielheimer have hand enhanced the head of a 2nd and still ended up with this sizable head that looks bigger than most unenhanced 2nd's? The scabbard looks to be Pack also, but the pommel is NOT your typical Pack .. quite squat in hight and flares a lot? Interesting..

?

Kevin there comes another question: is that a Pack scabbard? and why do i ask?
    We see this type on many early daggers, even on daggers of producers who did designed their own guards.
    So did Pack designed it? i think we can even call it an early generic scabbard, because that many different producers used it.
    Exactly the same scabbard is on my Slant Höller, the one Ivan picked on the Max show for me if i recall correctly you have seen that personalized beauty yourself.
    Having also the same type of pommel your PS has, which for sure is not the standard one you see on those early Packs.
    We know that WKC sold a lot of pommels and guards to small producers and Pack did that too.
    So why not buy generic or Pack scabbards, Pack dies and enhance them, and buy WKC pommels?

Peter has a Klaas dagger that has an astrix marked scabbard, but for sure has a weyersberg scabbard hull, it has the weyersberg flaw in it.
    Army daggers....so much to talk about

Ger

Good questions all! It is amazing how these parts were exchanged, or perhaps they were produced by another hard wears producer like LDO or some other company that we already know made hanger parts..? Weather it is guards or scabbards the early period was a free for all.. I did see that Holler Ivan picked.. very nice! I will be showing another Holler slant I picked there soon with a very interesting guard variation indeed! best, Kevin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast