Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?

Article about: If I may bother the members of the forum, this Heer is out of an old collection that I am assisting with. I am no expert, so prefer to ask those that know more than me. Has the feeling of be

?

Default Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?

If I may bother the members of the forum, this Heer is out of an old collection that I am assisting with.
    I am no expert, so prefer to ask those that know more than me. Has the feeling of being correct though, based on patina and wear. But I don't know if any parts were changed.
    Would appreciate any comments and info. This is the last of the 2 daggers I am posting, the other being naval. Thanks in advance, really appreciate it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?   Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?  

Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?   Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?  

Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?   Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?  

Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please can I get any comments on this Tiger Heer Dagger?
    P
    Many

Hello Chaos...this dagger appears to have the correct details ..with the crossguard being a Generic Type B associated with this producer.

The grip is split which will detract from any value.
    Someone has taken this dagger apart and put the blade in backwards and also sits reversed in the scabbard.

The scabbard Im not sure of and should wait for Gerrit or Danny to further comment on this overall dagger as well.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry. As for the grip, I only had a brief look at it, and couldn't tell if that is a repaired crack or some material sitting in the groove.
    I need to take a closer look tonight. I'll get the blade turned the correct way round. Many thanks for your comments.
    I'll update about the grip as soon as I have a good look.

?

Late gen. B fitted dagger with earlier generic scabbard.
    Its not that all army daggers always bear the logo on the back.
    For example Alcoso and Heller are well known for their frontside logo's and Alcoso armies with frontside logo also have a lot of frozen pommels, so for sure original from the plant.
    Portepee looks to short for an army, most likely a long Luftwaffe Portepee.
    I see nothing wrong although the blade has pitting towards the tip.
    If price is right its ok.

Ger

?

Thank you gerrit, and to Larry.
    The grip really confuses me. I need to take better pics. There is a very odd dark line spiraling around the middle that even with a loupe, I cannot make out what it is. I would have guessed a crack that was repaired, but it doesn't go around and touch....it spirals...starts in one place and ends higher up without touching the start...hard to explain. Never seen anything like this, as it doesn't appear to be a break or repair, but is within the material and scratching it doesn't change the appearance.
    Have no idea what is going on there, and the rest of the grip is perfect. There is no separation.
    A break would not spiral and end up 1cm away from the start.
    I'll take off the portepee and measure it.
    Btw...is there a decent tutorial online somewhere showing how to attach these properly. i have other daggers and would like to add the portepee's back properly.
    I am assisting the owner with selling off a parcel of stuff. I know we don't discuss values here, but if I offered it locally for about $750 would I be unreasonable?