Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.

Article about: Hi, I have this Heer dagger by Puma on hold at the moment it is stated to be a early type with slant grip and what I think is the so called unattributed type 1 generic crossguard it comes wi

Default Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.

Hi,
    I have this Heer dagger by Puma on hold at the moment it is stated to be a early type with slant grip and what I think is the so called unattributed type 1 generic crossguard it comes with it's original hangers and portepee and has a nice never cleaned patina. The blade is coated in grease but is said to be mint. The photos are all I have but give a pretty good idea of it, it seems to compare well with two examples in Ger and Danny's book. Would very much appreciate your opinions on the combination of parts etc.
    Many thanks in advance, Andy.
    Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.
    P
    Many

?

Beautiful dagger. All parts are typical for Puma except for the pommel. The pictures are not the best but it doesn't seem like the early style pommel that you normally see on these slants. Here's an example to compare yours with. Puma slants are very hard to find so I would take it anyway.

Regards
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Puma slant grip Heer dagger for review.  

Hi Danny,
    I was going to say that I thought the pommel may not be correct after studying the photos in the book and looking at the very few examples I could find online but was unsure however you have confirmed my suspicions, but as you say Puma slants are hard to find and everything else apart from the pommel on this dagger looks correct so I am going to buy it anyway and specially as I'm getting a good deal certainly no more than I would expect to pay for a nice conditioned maker marked standard B or C grip later Army with it's hangers and portepee. I think the pommel must have been on this dagger for a very long time as it looks to have aged/patinated to the same degree as the rest of the dagger? I reckon I would be a fool to let this one go, I will post better pics when I get it but it's on layaway so will be a couple of months. Thanks very much for your response.
    Regards, Andy.
    Quote by dr73 View Post
    Beautiful dagger. All parts are typical for Puma except for the pommel. The pictures are not the best but it doesn't seem like the early style pommel that you normally see on these slants. Here's an example to compare yours with. Puma slants are very hard to find so I would take it anyway.

Regards
    Danny

I also like the unsung details of these daggers and on this instance the upper part of the hanger shows the Heer officer who carried it was quite active ,,,seen by the missing material most likely from swinging or twisting.

Take note also of the heavily worn areas near the torn area and also the right strap side becoming thread bare.
    Thats what I call "Active duty "

Great dagger Andy and with character

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, I agree with you totally and your thoughts are exactly what the dealer who is selling it to me wrote in his email this is how he put it "It has its original horseshoe topped hangers which are great as they show how the dagger was worn under the tunic and it has rubbed away the velvet on the back where the cloth pocket touched it! They look like they were taken off the guy yesterday" I am really looking forward to adding this one to my collection.
    Cheers, Andy.
    Quote by Larry C View Post
    I also like the unsung details of these daggers and on this instance the upper part of the hanger shows the Heer officer who carried it was quite active ,,,seen by the missing material most likely from swinging or twisting.

Take note also of the heavily worn areas near the torn area and also the right strap side becoming thread bare.
    Thats what I call "Active duty "

Great dagger Andy and with character

Regards Larry

Nice! I have always loved the looks of the crescent style hangers!

Regards,G.