Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger - but an issue?

Article about: Hello Gents - The attached Heer dagger was pulled out at the Max onto a table with about 4 other daggers from an old collection. This PUMA dagger jumped out to me as one I was attracted to.

?

Default QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger - but an issue?

Hello Gents -
    The attached Heer dagger was pulled out at the Max onto a table with about 4 other daggers from an old collection. This PUMA dagger jumped out to me as one I was attracted to. There is scuffing on reverse side of Cross guard, but beyond that I really liked it and the price was very reasonable. The handle is in good shape and the patina is nice and even across all elements. There are no dings/dents. I shared it with Larry and JR at the show and got the same comments. HOWEVER, when I got home, unpacked and pulled out my handy-dandy HEERESDOLCHE reference (Ger/Danny), I realize my dagger lines up with a generic PUMA (pommel leaves, generic cross guard, large logo) , BUT …. There is only a single screw in the scabbard. So, I guess I am operating off the assumption that the scabbard could have been swapped out … 20 years ago, 40 years ago, or wartime? I am asking for your expertise to validate that point, or am I off-base in any way?
    I appreciate your feedback and opinions on this matter.
    Cheers - Dan
    Side note - It was great to see Larry, Mike (MAP), JR Meda and others at the show! The max and the SOS are better than a vacation for me …it’s an escape from work and a chance to be among friends with the same enthusiasm for the hobby!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger -  but an issue?   QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger -  but an issue?  

QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger -  but an issue?   QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger -  but an issue?  

QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger -  but an issue?   QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger -  but an issue?  

QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger -  but an issue?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement QUESTION - Puma Heer Dagger -  but an issue?
    P
    Many

?

The scabbard of your Puma dagger was produced by WKC. Easy to spot by the single sidescrew. It's a late war scabbard that WKC purchased from Eickhorn (you can tell by the Eickhorn scabbard bands) and equiped it with their signature single sidescrew.

We will never know when the scabbard and the rest of the dagger came together but it is pretty safe to say that it probably didn't leave the factory like that.

Regards
    Danny

By the way, thanks for the compliment about our book

?

Thank you for the response Danny - I appreciate it
    Dan

I found out after the fact that Tom Kendall was at the show as well ...and he is also a resident Heer Collector on this forum as well.

He helped me with a Text book Eickhorn Type 4 crossguard on the last day ...Either Tom or Heers68 aka Kevin ..both of which were at the show.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill