Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?

Article about: here is a link to another Kolping army dagger....this maker is a hard one to find..and would consider it a treasure to ad into any collection. I like the craftmanship. To each producer their

Default Re: QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?

here is a link to another Kolping army dagger....this maker is a hard one to find..and would consider it a treasure to ad into any collection. I like the craftmanship. To each producer their own little intracasies of detail which gives the collector much appreciation of the varied types.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...sdolch-194285/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?
    P
    Many

Here is another Larry. It is an earlier dagger with a "B" type generic guard. I have not had a chance to make better photos of this piece, but will post it when I do.
    Wolfgang

QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?

?

The daggers look ok, but would like to see better shots of the scabbard on the Kolping.

?

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Hello friends,
    Mr. Larboard show very nice Army daggers, both I have in my collection. AWS, your first dagger with HI-LIFT crossguard is not very common, but sometimes you can purchase it for good price. H. Kolping dagger - one of my favorite markers is nice too! Be careful, one scabbard ring is missing and believe me sometimes it not looks good on dagger... I will add more photos of H.Kolping dagger later.
    Definitely, I will be very happy to have both of this daggers on my collection.
    Good eye Peter! I didn't see that the scabbard ring was missing but I think you're right. In that case I would not buy the Kolping.

Danny

No missing rings. Here are more pictures, but in too bright a sunlight. Forgot to mention not in sunlight.

Hello,
    Danny, despite the fact that scabbard rings are there, H. Kolping´s example has very interesting scabbard, distance between both rings are quite long, certainly interesting.
    Grip is also nice - especially little cracks on it, reaction to light... I also add photos of my dagger one is Wehrmacht by Kolping and one 2nd. Luftwaffe dagger by ACS, both with small grip cracks. Just compare

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?  

These grips appear to be Galalith (Milkstone). It was used on very late production daggers. It is very difficult to find these without cracks, time was not kind to them. I have only one in my collection that has not developed the typical cracking.

Wolfgang

?

Unfortunately still not enough detail to make a judgement call on that Kolping scabbard. How is the throat retained?, single reverse placed screw or is the throat just pressed?. The rings look over-sized to me although it may just be the picture.
    It is probably fine and just my tired ole eyes!. The dagger itself has a galalith or milkstone derivative grip, as do the two fine examples posted by Peter .

Kolping purchased there parts from various producers, I think its a early Eickhorn scabbard, you cannot see the scabbard screw heads, Just throwing that out there........... Nice rare dagger

Mario

Amazing these Heer daggers have so many traded parts..but there is a pattern set forth to follow as there is a common ground of repetitive sightings of the same traded parts seen on the same producers. This dictates that it is not isolated to one dagger but many of the same producer. I am sure Kolping and other producers one week used generic A parts..and the next used generic B parts. Trying to find the most common is the hard part of detective work.
    So many varied pommels and eagles..scabbard bands..is a great teaching tool for the serious collector.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast