Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Real deal?-Eickhorn

Article about: Hi all! Daggers are definitely not in my wheel house, and I am trying to determine if this is real and worth picking up. Not the best pictures, but it is what I have to work with. Any help i

Default Real deal?-Eickhorn

Hi all! Daggers are definitely not in my wheel house, and I am trying to determine if this is real and worth picking up.

Not the best pictures, but it is what I have to work with.

Any help is appreciated!Real deal?-EickhornReal deal?-EickhornReal deal?-EickhornReal deal?-EickhornReal deal?-EickhornReal deal?-Eickhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real deal?-Eickhorn
    P
    Many

?

So, not in your wheel house. Why are you then even considering picking it up, if I may ask?

Hello,
    In my opinion crossguard isnt eickhorns.
    Wait for expert opinions.

Quote by Kilian View Post
    So, not in your wheel house. Why are you then even considering picking it up, if I may ask?
    Because Sccofa has no knowledge of these Heer daggers and they are very tricky with the way fittings have been traded between producers.
    The combination has to be authenticated.

There are daggers outside of my knowledge that I rely on other collectors to help me with as well...when seeking to purxchase at a show or through a dealer or other source.

The crossguard although looking a little mashed down ..does appear to be an Eickhorn Type 1 ...which I know Gerrit or danny will comment further. The dagger is in the scabbard the wrong way as well.

The pommel should have 12 oak leaves and the scabbard should have no screws....again this is where Gerrit needs to chime in ...as Himself and Danny are the masters of correct identification of these challenging dagger types.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

You know Larry, I am always happy to help collectors where I can. But not people who just try to make money using other peoples’ knowledge. That is the background of my question.

Valid question. I collect mainly WW2 firearms, and have some US and German Uniform decorations and awards. Daggers I have no clue on. I would like to add a piece to my collection, but don't have the knowledge needed. So any help is greatly appreciated!!

?

Thanks for clarifying. In my opinion this is a homogeneous set.

Quote by Kilian View Post
    You know Larry, I am always happy to help collectors where I can. But not people who just try to make money using other peoples’ knowledge. That is the background of my question.
    Hi Killian..understood and also I agree as well...to stay vigilant.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Some of what I am adding to

Items from wifes Grandfather who was in Italy. He brought back the German decorations. The shadow box was his service medals. German Firemans helmet I picked up, and ME 109 print with 15 signatures from ME 109 Aces. I'd like to add an authentic dagger to this.
    Real deal?-EickhornReal deal?-EickhornReal deal?-EickhornReal deal?-Eickhorn

Nice set up Scoffa ...you may want to post them in other dedicated forums as well for all to view , comment and enjoy.

Regards Larry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast