Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)

Article about: Hello Gents - 2 questions; first - will any of you be going to the SOS in February? I plan to be there as a table helper again this year. Second - Please find the attached WKC. So, after my

?

Question FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)

Hello Gents - 2 questions;

first - will any of you be going to the SOS in February? I plan to be there as a table helper again this year.

Second - Please find the attached WKC. So, after my last post I've been studying some of the older posts/threads as well as my new reference. Nothing beats experience (lol), but I happened upon this WKC dagger that an acquaintance of mine is parting with at a very reasonable price. (Yes - I notice in the pictures he provided the scabbard is in backwards ). I've stumbled upon a lot of parts daggers, but I am thinking this may be a solid, late period (type 4) WKC? It is a single Screw scabbard. The light colored handles actually appeal to me, but I know that's not the case for a lot of folks. The blade - it looks nasty at a glance, but I confirmed it is cosmoline and cleans off. It looks like some definite "finish" issues on the Eagle. I seek expert opinions to find out if I am "off the mark" again (lol). I am no hurry to make my next purchase ... again, the price is right and this same guy sold me an absolute GEM of a helmet about 2 years ago.

Sorry the pics aren't better, the dagger is not in hand so I gotta deal with what I have access to. Cheers, Dan

FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)   FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)  

FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)   FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)  

FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)  
    Attached Images Attached Images FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FOR REVIEW: WKC Heer Dagger (2 questions)
    P
    Many

?

Hi Dan,

First of all the pics are bad, but you stated that already its that i have seen hundreds of them to determen this one properly
    Its an original late WKC Type 4 with the typical WKC 1 screw config (which has Eickhorn scabbardbands).
    I can see why you like the grip, although you show it with different types of lightfall i think its artifical ivory.
    These late Zink based one didnt hold the silvering finish, they actualy eat it, so you stick with bear zink fittings in the end.

You did your homework properly, bravo!

Best
    Ger

?

Thank you much for the response Ger! ... it feels good to make some progress in assessing these, but ... time = experience.
    I appreciate the feedback. Dan