Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SMF army dagger rare or just uncommon?

Article about: Have not run across an SMF army before,must not have made very many.Have seen lots of Luftwaffe daggers by SMF.

Default SMF army dagger rare or just uncommon?

Have not run across an SMF army before,must not have made very many.Have seen lots of Luftwaffe daggers by SMF.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SMF army dagger rare or just uncommon?   SMF army dagger rare or just uncommon?  

SMF army dagger rare or just uncommon?   SMF army dagger rare or just uncommon?  

SMF army dagger rare or just uncommon?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SMF army dagger rare or just uncommon?
    P
    Many

Hi TC...Early production and only one example that SMF produced.

The details all look consistent for this one and only dagger type
    Gerrit or Danny will confirm

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry appreciate it,this is a ww2 vet bringback dagger,I bought it from vets son.I am the second owner,besides the original german officer!Really nice minty cond for a near 80 year old relic.

?

Although SMF only produced this 1 Type its made in numerous materials.
    These come in heavy brass silver plated (very rarely seen)
    Aluminium with silver finish
    leightweight potmetal with silver finish (most common one,mostly only black traces left of silver surface finish)
    Iron/steel fittings the socalled Ironheads or Eisenkopf ( rare to find)

The SMF and the WKC are the most common slants to find, many years the SMf wasn't search for, as it was the ugly duck of the guard eagles, looks more like a chicken rather then an eagle.

Cheers
    Ger

Thanks Ger appreciatethe info.How many SMF armies were produced?Of those how many survied in this cond.,probably not many.By slants you mean the grip style I think.Anyone like to show their SMF army dagger?WKC made a lot of army daggers,you can find them much easier than an SMF.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 11-25-2023 at 12:29 AM.

?

There used to be a list of heer daggers rarities posted on the old forums. I don't know what the statistics were based on, or where the author got the information. But according to this list SMF has rarity 7/10, and WKS 1/10. Perhaps more experienced colleagues can suggest more.

?

Well although SMF had only produced this very type they are with WKC the most common slants.
    Believe me i handled a couple of hundreds of army daggers.

Best
    Ger

Thanks den and ger!Well looked on dealers sites and saw many WKC armys but very few if any SMFs,hard to find army dagger these days,guess the chicken eagle got the last laugh.ha

?

The dagger you show is one with a slant grip.
    This is the initial production.
    I am only talking about the rarity of slant daggers.
    Make sure that ALL slant daggers in todays market are hard to find!
    So you cant compare a slant with mid and late produced daggers.
    Slant daggers are rare, look at for example Eickhorn, you will find their Type 4 on almost every website, but trying to find a Slant Eick type 1 can take years....

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-27-2023 at 08:29 AM.