Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Are these hangers correct for this dagger?

Article about: SMF army dagger had no hanger,found these hangers,would they be considered correct ? Any help appreciated

Thanks for the info,appeciate it!Thats great,this dagger I bought from vets son 20 plus years ago,it has never been cleaned or fooled with.The blade is the nicest I have seen on one,full cross graining and no smudge,needle sharp tip.The video link provided helped on why this grip is a darker orange on one side.I thought strange, but says sunlight caused the difference.When I bought it for 300.00 I didnt know about the early slant grip or that SMF was not a common army dagger maker.All good!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these hangers correct for this dagger?   Are these hangers correct for this dagger?  

Are these hangers correct for this dagger?   Are these hangers correct for this dagger?  

Are these hangers correct for this dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these hangers correct for this dagger?
    P
    Many

SMF is fairly uncommon as a maker of Army daggers. The fact it's got a great slant grip and is unmessed with is icing on the cake.

Thanks Billy!Glad I didnt trade it off years ago before I knew what it was,always thought it was a peach.Doubt I could find a better example today ,even for triple the price I paid.How many SMFs were made?And how many survived in this cond. is another question.

I couldn't say how many Armys SMF produced but it probably wasn't a lot considering the fairly small number we see today. I'm guessing some of the Army "type guys" might have a better idea. Well conditioned early daggers like this will always garner attention.

?

Well although SMF only produced this slant type for approx. 1 jaar they are fairly available, with WKC the easiest to find Slant grip dagger.

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2