Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice one Tom!!
    I just missed a lovely roundhead slant myself last week.
    We have this roundhead one covered in our new book as a special wkc 1 too...but its not only seen on wkc daggers...we have more to show

Regards
    Ger
    Ger
    Good deal I will post a few of my favorite daggers by other makers with the WKC Type-1 crossguard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Default Clemen & Jung

Clemen & Jung with WKC Type-1 crossguard (rounded head variation). Early dagger with the rare single stamped maker mark variation. The WKC guard exhibits some hand enhancement also seems the top of the head has had a flat top Also note the interesting shape of the quillons. Love the patina on this one the dagger came with a killer set of early brass base hangers.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

?

Lovely one Tom, that is one hard to find Clemen!
    We have the same round head WKC 1A on our Early Clemen too, this Clemen with the first logo is dagger 12 in our book..lovely to compare the details.
    Regards
    Ger

?

A beautiful piece Tom! But something that is easily overlooked are the hangers that came with it. This type is extremely rare. I only saw a few over the years. A great bonus to a great dagger!

Danny

Thanks guys - Danny those hangers are quite special I almost sold them in the hotel room one evening after the show had wrapped up for the day. I had a collector friend who almost talked me out of them but they were such a perfect match to the dagger I suspect they may have been returned with the dagger so fortunately i held on to them.

Always liked this C&J Tom! Great dagger.. Like seeing that round head guard with the C grip too! Best, Kevin.

Thanks Kevin - Here is a Paul Seilheimer with a type C grip and a WKC Type-1 (Forehead Variation)

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Hi Tom,

you have very nice daggers! I like all of them, because they are all equiped with my favourite "sleeping eye" crossguard! Thanks for showing these beauties, I really start to think that nothing left for other collectors

Best regards

Peter

Peter - Thank you - I will be beginning to sell some of my duplicate army daggers so you are in luck Keep your eyes peeled on the various forums For Sale sections. It will be a very slow process but will start with a minty Eickhorn Type-3 with a ton of lacquer and a rare all aluminum Eickhorn army !

Default A.Schuttelhofer & Co.

A couple early examples by Schuttelhofer they used both head variations of the WKC Type-1

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast