Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

Default Documents

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Stunning with an over abundant amount of provenance .

So much to be attributed to this officer..you must be very proud Tom !!

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That's a great dagger Tom! With the provenance it makes it even more special. Thanks for showing.

Danny

Hi Tom, very nice dagger! I like SMF army daggers, because they are very unique! I also purchased nice aluminum SMF few months ago, so I have to post it too

Peter

Thanks Guys - Would have been really neat if he decided to bring his dagger to the photo shoot when he had his portrait done Be getting with my researcher in the future to see if Dr. Rosenberger,s file is available.

?

Thx for sharing Tom,

i have had the exact same Klaas in my hand as you show here when i visisted the Ciney show last Sunday.
    Unfortunate with a heavily worn chrome blade with a blunt tip, so i passed it.
    I had alreay bought a Pack slant with monogram, a Pack type 2, and a few other ones...including an Ivory luft.

Nice research on the SMF dagger, Always great to know the history of items, makes them come alive imo.

Best
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Thx for sharing Tom,

i have had the exact same Klaas in my hand as you show here when i visisted the Ciney show last Sunday.
    Unfortunate with a heavily worn chrome blade with a blunt tip, so i passed it.
    I had alreay bought a Pack slant with monogram, a Pack type 2, and a few other ones...including an Ivory luft.

Nice research on the SMF dagger, Always great to know the history of items, makes them come alive imo.

Best
    Ger
    Thanks Ger - Sounds like you had a great show I hope someday you and Danny make the trip to the USA for the SOS. The Guard on the Klaas you speak of is IMO one of the rarest crossguard types - unknown till a few years ago when i introduced it. I hope you got the guys name that had it you may decide despite the condition you might want it for your crossguard collection in the future. Thanks for the comment on the SMF.

?

Quote by T Kendall View Post
    Thanks Ger - Sounds like you had a great show I hope someday you and Danny make the trip to the USA for the SOS. The Guard on the Klaas you speak of is IMO one of the rarest crossguard types - unknown till a few years ago when i introduced it. I hope you got the guys name that had it you may decide despite the condition you might want it for your crossguard collection in the future. Thanks for the comment on the SMF.
    Tom the Ciney show has a total of 4500 yards of tables, and over 550 sellers, lots of them do not have websites but are private sellers.
    This one came from France, had no table number, so not traceable.
    I did hesitated to buy it as i had spend a lot the day before with that chained SS.....
    Its also on shows hard to compare when you are abroad, i did made a quick picture with my cellphone, and it looks like the same guard

Regards
    Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post

Tom the Ciney show has a total of 4500 yards of tables, and over 550 sellers, lots of them do not have websites but are private sellers.
    This one came from France, had no table number, so not traceable.
    I did hesitated to buy it as i had spend a lot the day before with that chained SS.....
    Its also on shows hard to compare when you are abroad, i did made a quick picture with my cellphone, and it looks like the same guard

Regards
    Ger
    Not only the same guard but also the same scabbard! When you're at a show like that, you have to decide very quickly and I understand you didn't take it. Not only the tip was damaged but looking at the pictures you sent me that day, the plating of the blade was also not in the best shape.

Danny

Ger sounds like a great show - I understand your and Danny's position on not buying the dagger. When i first started collecting condition was paramount for me but at this stage of my collecting i can overlook condition for rarity especially if i like the price Some of my worst condition pieces are some of my favorites. I know many times about the third day of a big show (Max & SOS) i have been spent out and just window shopping. I remember a mentor of mine in the waffenrock field told me one time if this stuff was easy to find and you had unlimited funds it wouldn't be as much fun ! - very true IMO ! Happy Hunting men !

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast