Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

Great finds Tom! Love the Rosenberger SMF, and I have yet to get an example of the "big chested" guard you discovered! Best, Kevin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Well the 2017 Max show has come and gone. I would like to say I had a great time with Ivan and Kevin as we spent the whole week together and had a great trip. This has become a tradition for us that I hope we can continue for years to come.

I have not added an army to my collection since the SOS in Feb-2017. I went to the Max with the mind set of going in conservative and looking for a Horster Type-2 to finish off my crossguard collection. Yes a common dagger and many to choose from just looking for the right one to fill the slot. I also thought maybe a nice slant or perhaps two may turn up and of course its dam hard to pass on any slant especially some of the rarer variations.

Well long story short the first hour of Wednesday dealer setup up I had spent 90% of the money I had allotted for the trip To my surprise we had stumbled on a dealers table that had begun pulling out slant after slant. Needless to say this was a rare opportunity and we found out during the negotiations that this was Ford Crews collection that was being sold on behalf of his daughter due to his passing.

Now if you are into army daggers you should know who Ford Crews was. A man I greatly respected not only for his knowledge of army daggers but the person that he was. We have correspond over the years mostly by email but also in person at the Max and SOS when he would attend.

Off the top of my head a few things he discovered and introduced to collectors was the Weyersberg scabbard flaw - the unique Holler head enhancement as seen on the Holler Type-2 and the horizontal cross grain on the center segment on some of the Early Holler army daggers. There are certainly more revelations but these are a few I can think of off the top of my head. Search him on GermanDaggers.com and you will see firsthand for yourself the many contributions he has made to the army field and his true love and passion for collecting army daggers.

He will be missed and remembered RIP Ford Crews. Well after the smoke cleared Kevin and I bought 11 army daggers from Fords Collection 9 of which were slants. I was fortunate to pick up a killer Klaas 2nd & frosty distributor marked Holler 2nd that ironically I traded to Ford many years ago and never knew one day it would return back to me.

The 5 slants were a Axt - Plumacher - Wusthof (Sorry Kevin ) - P.Sielheimer & Alcoso that Ford had attributed to a General Rossing. One of these daggers (PS) has a new crossguard Type I will introduce soon once I get the dagger photographed I have been looking for one of these blockhead guards for years I have shown a sneak peak of the guard on WAF if anyone is interested. I will post the daggers as I get them photographed and it will be a slow process.

Default Plumacher

Here is the Plumacher slant. Great dark patina with beautiful detail / handwork to the textbook Plumacher hilt and scabbard. The bright blade is untouched with all the crossgrain but has suffered some deep scratches on both sides. Overall a beauty and IMO ranks as one of the rarest army daggers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques   The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques  

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques   The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques  

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques   The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques  

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques  

Hi Tom...I lost the plot about lines into that great block of text and thought I was in an algerbra nightmare

I broke down into paragraphs for better comprehension for the other readers and myself..i think you and Fred Prinz had the same English teachers..LOL...anyway .... Yea I heard about the Ford crews collection after the fact being put out on the tables..sounds like a mini Max Show right at that table !!

I had seen some nice Heer daggers throughout the show still being offered reasonably. Great show and good to see you and all others i had seen in the past..and also some new faces that I was honored to meet also.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry ! Grammar never was my strong point Enjoyed seeing you at the show !

?

Tom that is a lovely addition to your collection!
    I just love it, i have seen a few pics with your Max loot on it and i envy you and Kevin, great daggers.
    Normally it takes years to find what you both bought from the Ford collection, congratz to you both.

Luckily i had Larry & Ivan who were willing to pick a few lovely early ones for me, another WKC type 2, a Klaas Type 1A slant and a Höller slant which you both saw at the show.

Looking forward to the other ones

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-24-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Tom that is a lovely addition to your collection!
    I just love it, i have seen a few pics with your Max loot on it and i envy you and Kevin, great daggers.
    Normally it takes yours to find what you both bought from the Ford collection, congratz to you both.
    Luckily i had Larry & Ivan who were willing to pick a few lovely early ones for me, another WKC type 2, a Klaas Type 1A slant and a Höller slant which you both saw at the show.
    Looking forward to the other ones
    Ger
    Ger
    Thank You - I did see your daggers all very nice and rare pieces you did very well. The Holler I am pretty sure was part of Doug Ritchie,s collection at one time.

Hello Tom

Impressive dagger ! Thanks for sharing and a hard one to find also. Your making me jealous

Cheers

Mario

Quote by North of 55 View Post
    Hello Tom

Impressive dagger ! Thanks for sharing and a hard one to find also. Your making me jealous

Cheers

Mario
    Out of the Great White Woodwork of the North !! ..great to see you Mario at the show and here on the forum

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by North of 55 View Post
    Hello Tom

Cheers

Mario
    Mario
    Thank You ! see at the SOS I hope.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast