Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WKC dagger

Article about: Hello im Mihkel and new to this hobby. Could you tell me about this dagger? Are all parts original? Seller said its bought from veterans home as it is. Pictures are sellers not mine.

Mihkels
    ?

Default WKC dagger

Hello im Mihkel and new to this hobby.
    Could you tell me about this dagger? Are all parts original?
    Seller said its bought from veterans home as it is.
    Pictures are sellers not mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC dagger   WKC dagger  

WKC dagger   WKC dagger  

WKC dagger   WKC dagger  

WKC dagger   WKC dagger  

WKC dagger   WKC dagger  

2. # ADS

IMO it's a parts dagger.

The crossguard is the type 3 WKC but the scabbard is usually not seen with WKC daggers. The pommel looks like a Horster Pommel. Horster used WKC Type 3 crossguards on their daggers too but your blade is marked WKC.

The scabbard might be Horster too, but I'm not quite sure.
    Maybe let some more knowledged collectors chime in.

The grip is a nice Type B grip. The hangers are late examples and the portepee looks also fine.

Yours
    Blueprint

Mihkels
    ?

Thank you for asnwer Blueprint.
    Bad to hear if its parts dagger, so do you think i should return it and try to buy all original parts dagger?

Wait until there’s another reply from somebody more knowledged as I‘m quite new into the hobby too.

Maybe try to contact „gerrit“ - he knows a lot!

Yours
    Blueprint

Mihkels
    ?

Okay thank you, ill wait.

?

The dagger itself is a WKC type 3 fitted one, these early pommels are handfinish and therefore not all alike, i can see why Blueprint pointed out to Hörster, but after all its a WKC product
    The scabbard is an early Höller one ( used on their type 2) beautiful crafted acorns and a backside flush screw.
    So all parts are original, but WKC type 3 normally dont come with this type scabbard.

Ger

Mihkels
    ?

Thank you Gerrit for answer. What you think is it good to buy or should i buy one with all original parts?

?

Quote by Mihkels View Post
    Thank you Gerrit for answer. What you think is it good to buy or should i buy one with all original parts?
    I always prefer complete textbook ones, they are so much easier to sell when you need an upgrade.....

Ger

Thanks for your reply! I learned something again today!

And like Ger already said, I would recommend buying a complete correct piece as this was the way how they were sold to the members of the Army.

Mihkels
    ?

Thank you for educating me! I guess original parts dagger would be better option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast