Willem

Good or bad DRK decal?
    Good or bad DRK decal?
    Good or bad DRK decal?
    Good or bad DRK decal?
    Good or bad DRK decal?
    Good or bad DRK decal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good or bad DRK decal?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a good decal and the colour of the helmet looks good. There is a few types of the pointed shield type, this is the weird eye version. The cross is not exactly a cross which is good, and nice thin. If I was to find it in the wild and the price was good I would buy it.
    Here is mine (different eyes)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good or bad DRK decal?  

He asks 170 euro... Is that ok?

?

Yes. Without a doubt if it has a liner and chin strap (honestly I would pick it up of it was a shell). DRK helmets are hard to find, even with this one not being in a perfect condition I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up for that price but then again my focus us DRK so I might be a bit bias in that regard. Just to give you an idea though search for DRK helmets here or other forums and you will see how hard it is to find in any condition (read how few of them are usually on forums).

Default Liner

Houston, we have a chinstrap!

Good or bad DRK decal?

Judging by the inside the helmet used to be black overpainted , that is why the decal looks so washed out.
    The black paint is post war and it was removed from the exterior.

So they removed the postwar black paint, and they didn't want to get too close to the decal, that's why there is a wider black line around the corners of the decal. That's still post war paint they were too afraid to remove...

?

I am still such a sucker for the DRK decal that I would buy it, the paint removal did answer the condition issues.

I actually owned this helmet. It was a bad decal for me. It was laying on top of the paint very obviously and it felt like paper. Also the graphics are very runny. Besides that the helmet was full of spray paint residu. Also green paint swipes and brown. it looked aged to me. I traded it against a winter helmet along with some other helmets. I traded it as a fake.

To tell you the truth I like the decal, graphically it looks spot on to me. Just my 2 cents, which, as I have said many times in the past, my wife doesn't think are worth a penny. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 10-24-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast