Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1937 Adrian French Artillery Helmet shell

Article about: Hi Guys, This helmet was sent to me today from France. I was told 10 years ago my uncle had an old WWI German Pickelhaube stashed away and one day I could have it. At least 3 people had seen

?

Default 1937 Adrian French Artillery Helmet shell

Hi Guys,

This helmet was sent to me today from France.
    I was told 10 years ago my uncle had an old WWI German Pickelhaube stashed away and one day I could have it.
    At least 3 people had seen it and said it was WWI German etc...
    So in my mind it was and I forgot about it.

Well it's not, ha ha.
    The most confusing package I have ever received.

So, I'm looking at it and I'm thinking it's Pre-WWII. It's not WWI right? Late 30's?
    It's French Artillery.

It's a pleasant surprise but I've been studying Pickelhaube... ha ha.

Can someone please help me I.D it or send a link?

If it's WWII, it's in terrible condition and might've been dropped soon after the Germans invaded?

Cheers,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1937 Adrian French Artillery Helmet shell   1937 Adrian French Artillery Helmet shell  

1937 Adrian French Artillery Helmet shell   1937 Adrian French Artillery Helmet shell  

1937 Adrian French Artillery Helmet shell   1937 Adrian French Artillery Helmet shell  

I think to a M 26 helmet, but you can find them in good condition in France.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Thanks Lebus,

I think it was very cheap and he's not a collector so he would've just liked the look.
    Shame he didn't get a good one.

Cheers,

?

I don't really see adrian helmets with liners intact too often on eBay, I have one French helmet with a liner, but its in relic condition.
    That French helmet isn't in that bad of condition, compared to other French adrians I see on eBay.

?

You don't really see French adrian helmets at estate sales around where I live.

?

FRANCÉS 26 Is a good site for French M26 helmets. *edit I have tried to add world-war-helmets link but I keep getting errors. It has the best French M26 info you will find on the net.