Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 british helmet

Article about: I don't collect many british helmets but this is one that I really like ,I was told on waf the insignia is Cheshire regt and with Cheshire not too far from me it sounds a match, the net is a

?

Default 1939 british helmet

I don't collect many british helmets but this is one that I really like ,I was told on waf the insignia is Cheshire regt and with Cheshire not too far from me it sounds a match, the net is also original to this helmet, I may start collecting insignia marked british helmets now this is only my third insignia marked helmet I have had and wish I had kept the others now, hope you like it as much as me, rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 british helmet   1939 british helmet  

1939 british helmet   1939 british helmet  

1939 british helmet   1939 british helmet  

1939 british helmet  

?

Is there an imprint of the net on the paint, normally tells you how long a net has been on there. Can't see any on the broken gaps between the net?

?

I haven't took it off to see and I wont be doing that again, I did it with my last one it doesn't leave an imprint it leaves like a shadow if its been in the sun,i suspose if net was really tight it might leave an imprint but none of mine ever have, rgds Dave

As you know Dave, it looks good to me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

heres one I wish I had left the net in place RA helmet - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums and thanks Jerry rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 british helmet   1939 british helmet  

1939 british helmet  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-17-2014 at 08:33 PM.

?

heres another I owned div sign id - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums this too didn't show any marks where net was ,rgds Dave

1939 british helmet  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-17-2014 at 08:37 PM.

?

Of 11 netted helmets that I have everyone has a ghosting/imprint of the net on the paint, which just made me a bit suspicious of the repaint on your helmet.

[lQUOTE=sscrooge;1301333]heres another I owned div sign id - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums...[/QUOTE]

Hello Dave, if at all possible please try reposting these photos onto this site rather than linking to the other site. Not all of the members here are also members there having viewing privileges for the photos posted on that site. Thanks in advance, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi Dave I my self have quite a few netted examples in my own collection and find that shadowing on the helmets exterior finish is not present all of the time.
    I think it really depends on how and were the helmet was stored.
    All and all a nice lid I would be happy to have .

Regards Mark

nice example dave ive often wondered what caused the net imprint on these shell's i put it down purely to dust build up over the years, regards james
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast