Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1941 British helmet?

Article about: Thanks Rob. That is genuinely difficult for me to see. Best Regards, Andy

?

Default 1941 British helmet?

Here's another "given to me" helmet. Let me know any details, please! Sorry to ask a million questions but I love this forum and you people know what you are talking about! Hail!

1941 British helmet?1941 British helmet?1941 British helmet?1941 British helmet?1941 British helmet?1941 British helmet?

?

Default Re: 1941 British helmet?

The liner looks to be Canadian, VMC is Viceroy Manufacturing Company I believe. Is there anything stamped on the helmet near where the chinstraps attach?

Beast Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 06-14-2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I would suggest it's an original Canadian helmet shell, that has recently been mated with an original liner and pad. The nut and screw don't appear to be original to me. There are a lot of these shells and some liners around at the moment, I have some myself

It is not impossible to find original screw/nuts (or post-war made ones that are identical) and chinstraps to complete these, and they make very nice display pieces. They don't have the history of a worn example, but neither does any other 'unissued' piece.

Rob

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    The liner looks to be Canadian, VMC is Viceroy Manufacturing Company I believe. Is there anything stamped on the helmet near where the chinstraps attach?

Beast Regards,

Andy
    It has a Canadian Broad Arrow stamped on the inside of the shell...

Rob

?

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    It has a Canadian Broad Arrow stamped on the inside of the shell...

Rob
    Well bug*er me, my eyes are getting worse, off to Specsavers methinks.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 06-14-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Sorry, I still can't see a stamp on the helmet. Could somebody point it out?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Just to the left of the broadarrow mark on the liner,Andy.
    See it better if you double click on the liner photo then zoom.
    Cheers Mick

?

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Just to the left of the broadarrow mark on the liner,Andy.
    See it better if you double click on the liner photo then zoom.
    Cheers Mick
    I think I have it, thanks Mick. You will be blessed for being kind to the old and infirm.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Thanks all for your input. I appreciate it!

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    I think I have it, thanks Mick. You will be blessed for being kind to the old and infirm.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Right here:

1941 British helmet?

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast