Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1953 dated Rimless Mk IV

Article about: Ever since garys39 posted up his example some time ago (http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helmet...helmet-419037/ ) I have been on the hunt for a rimless Mk IV to add to my collection of Mk III'

?

Default 1953 dated Rimless Mk IV

Ever since garys39 posted up his example some time ago (Rimless MkIV Helmet ? )
    I have been on the hunt for a rimless Mk IV to add to my collection of Mk III's,Mk IV's and Mk VI's and was lucky enough to acquire an example this morning it is a 1953 dated BMB and it would appear to be the only year the rimless model was produced this particular example appears to have its original post war textured OD green paint and is sporting a CCL III 1953 dated liner and has a ghost of an imprint on the shell from were a camo net had been resting on it for some time .
    I am quite ecstatic to be able to add this example to my collection as they do not come up for sale in the market place very often .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1953 dated Rimless Mk IV   1953 dated Rimless Mk IV  

1953 dated Rimless Mk IV   1953 dated Rimless Mk IV  

1953 dated Rimless Mk IV   1953 dated Rimless Mk IV  

1953 dated Rimless Mk IV  

?

Not my area of collecting post war helmets, but I quite understand why you like this one.

Thats one nice Turtle Helmet you've acquired Mark,the net ghosting just adds that something,and being rimless too which is a real bonus,thanks for sharing and well done to you too..........

?

Hi Mark, I can only paraphrase the other guy's,great addition and I too like the patina.

Nice lid!....

?

Thanks Gents I shall be able to start a zoo soon with the amount of turtles in my collection It was just in by far to nice of condition to leave behind.

Regards Mark

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Gents I shall be able to start a zoo soon with the amount of turtles in my collection It was just in by far to nice of condition to leave behind.

Regards Mark
    I know that feeling mate..........

very nice addition mark ,to be honest i wasnt even aware this type existed untill today ,i cant thing of anybody more deserving too so well done mate
    Regards James

?

Thanks James I was actually quite surprised to find this helmet here in Canada I think For the most part I am done with turtles now unless I come across a period camo or a desert tan example as seen used in the middle east.

Regards Mark

fair enough mate ,the desert tan ones are nice ,i have one myself and has lots of sloppy overpaint in the liner IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast