Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Adrian (?) Helmet find

Article about: Hi folks My latest acquisition. I think its an Adrian M26, although it seems smaller than my other - did they come in different sizes? Unfortunately the comb is missing. Despite this its got

Default Adrian (?) Helmet find

Hi folks

My latest acquisition. I think its an Adrian M26, although it seems smaller than my other - did they come in different sizes? Unfortunately the comb is missing. Despite this its got a nice patina throughout, paint looks original and the liner is complete (although boot lace is suspect). The strap looks original to the helmet but it looks to be incomplete. inside, there's a name scratched into the rear - looks to be Lagaiz M?

Really like it as is but if someone has a comb for this helmet, please PM me. And thoughts welcome as to what it actually is!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adrian (?) Helmet find   Adrian (?) Helmet find  

Adrian (?) Helmet find   Adrian (?) Helmet find  

Adrian (?) Helmet find   Adrian (?) Helmet find  

Default Re: Adrian (?) Helmet find

yes, the M26 helmet was made in several shell sizes

Size: 3 shell sizes (B, C or D), 9 cap sizes from 54 to 62.

I have comb's for those helmets, but I have to search them!!I'll let you know !
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Lebe thanks for that, look forward to hearing from you. I think this helmet must be a B but if anyone can advise on how to size it that would be great.

are you planning to repaint it after adding the comb? if I was restoring it, I would probably add a repro badge and hand paint it by paint brush to give it that field repaint look with brush marks and maybe distress it so it matches the interior better

you would also need the correct split rivets usually made of aluminum

the comb also needs to be the correct size for the shell for the proper fit

helmet on the left is a large size shell, helmet on right is a small, notice the difference in the comb
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adrian (?) Helmet find  

hello, you must find the comb, after painting.
    here you have two
    eBay | casque adrian FRANCAIS WWII lot DP + ARTILLERIE complet helmet A VOIR

They are in the suburbs of Paris

Thanks all for the responses and advice, much appreciated. Stuka please let me know if you do have a comb in size small. My thoughts are to try and match the comb to the helmet's patina rather than paint it. If anyone can point my towards a source for the correct rivets that would be great too. I'll look to post up some pics should this all happen!