Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

AEF 167th 42nd Division camo 1917 helmet

Article about: 167th infantry regiment was part of the 42nd division during WW1. The Division fought with distinction and was a highly decorated regiment. I could not pass on this 2nd Lt 167th helmet. The

Default AEF 167th 42nd Division camo 1917 helmet

167th infantry regiment was part of the 42nd division during WW1. The Division fought with distinction and was a highly decorated regiment.
    I could not pass on this 2nd Lt 167th helmet. The helmet came out of an Estate sale in the Auburn Alabama area years ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AEF 167th 42nd Division camo 1917 helmet   AEF 167th 42nd Division camo 1917 helmet  

AEF 167th 42nd Division camo 1917 helmet  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AEF 167th 42nd Division camo 1917 helmet   AEF 167th 42nd Division camo 1917 helmet  

AEF 167th 42nd Division camo 1917 helmet   AEF 167th 42nd Division camo 1917 helmet  

Picked this up also but the helmet and post card were not together.

MAP
    ?

Sweetness! And with a liner too. Lucky you Marty! Very happy and jealous at the same time.

You know everything and anything 42nd Inf Div related should be in my possession given that my childhood home was built on top of Fort Mills. Home of the 42nd Inf Division.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I knew you would appreciate the lid and it’s history. But it’s a 167th southern helmet and not a 166th Yankee lid, it wouldn’t know what to do it a strange place LOL.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Tank Destroyer View Post
    I knew you would appreciate the lid and it’s history. But it’s a 167th southern helmet and not a 166th Yankee lid, it wouldn’t know what to do it a strange place LOL.
    We can agree to disagree as to where it belongs - my records do show that the 167th was at Camp Mills... You certainly left the door open but I'm not even going to go down that path as to why Alabamians would consider NY a strange place in 1917...

167th (Alabama) Infantry Regiment – People @ Croix Rouge Farm Memorial Foundation

....but it is an awesome helmet and very happy for you.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Tank Destroyer View Post
    Very good! Very good. Classic clip!

(Still based on Long Island NY for their WW1 Training/headquarters before shipping overseas )

I will have to agree but it to cold up north and I don’t want it to catch a cold.