Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

AFS Toronto helmet

Article about: hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this helmet that I picked up today. Its a standard Mk1 helmet, dated 1942 and made by G.S.W with A P over the date. The interesting thing i

?

Hi Dave cant drop a link on my smart phone if you give me a few hours I will be home from work and post one for you with lots of data and history you might find interesting or if you view my profile I posted a F.S .helmet not long ago and there is a link embedded in the thread.

Regards Mark

?

BTW I like the other helmet you posted the A.F.S. 2 interesting lid I am thinking it was an E-bay find if I am correct .

Regards Mark

OK Mark, I'll follow the latter, many thanks, Dave

no, they were in a local auction with some WW1 paperwork, maps and souvenirs. The auctioneers didn't know much about them so couldn't say if the items were all family related or just collected at some time by persons unknown. Its usually the same with house clearances, things get sent to auction with no thought of trying to see if there is anything that can link various items together. Some of the paperwork is named so not all is lost. dave

Quote by rrickoshae View Post
    no, they were in a local auction with some WW1 paperwork, maps and souvenirs. The auctioneers didn't know much about them so couldn't say if the items were all family related or just collected at some time by persons unknown. Its usually the same with house clearances, things get sent to auction with no thought of trying to see if there is anything that can link various items together. Some of the paperwork is named so not all is lost. dave
    Hi Dave, I would be interested in seeing the other items, the WWI paperwork in particular if you can show them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

OK Jerry, I'll do it tomorrow to use natural daylight. Dave

Quote by rrickoshae View Post
    OK Jerry, I'll do it tomorrow to use natural daylight. Dave
    Thanks Dave.
    Regards,

Jerry

posted under Allied paperwork Jerry. I'll show some of my helmets as and when. Dave

Dave I have moved your last post into the master thread on British Tommy helmets. Great to see them and without me being a pain in the butt it is best if you show each helmet as an individual thread rather than posting them all in this one, unless they are in the master thread.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2