Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian WW2 netted helmets

Article about: Hi. A couple of photos of my 2 helmets that are usually stored in the back box’s on my Carrier. I’ve been trying to do some research but I can’t find if they are genuine?

?

Default Australian WW2 netted helmets

Hi. A couple of photos of my 2 helmets that are usually stored in the back box’s on my Carrier.
    I’ve been trying to do some research but I can’t find if they are genuine?Australian WW2 netted helmetsAustralian WW2 netted helmetsAustralian WW2 netted helmetsAustralian WW2 netted helmets

G'day RAEME,

Aust made helmets are not rimmed and the chin straps are not typical too. Any markings on the shells (helmet chinstrap hooks too) and liners?

?

Hi Mate. I had a good look, can’t see any marks on anything or anywhere.

Here's my UK made shell fitted out with a Aust made liner and chinstrap for Aust use for a comparison.

Also here's a RAAF Aust made interior shot for a comparison.

?

Cheers Mate. The liner and the chinstrap attach points look the same as mine. But chinstrap is just a one piece webbing, that’s the part that makes me lean towards replicas. Under the green paint on one white is coming through. So it’s been painted at some time or other. Nets look like the real deal though. I’ll try and pull the nets and strap off etc and see if I can find any marks hidden. Your helmets look good.

I just see your Carrier now, it looks good too Mate! Better than my GPW Jeep!

?

Cheers. Yeh it’s good fun. Nothing wrong with Jeep’s tho either by the way. I’m sure you have lots of fun with it.

Quote by RAEME View Post
    Cheers. Yeh it’s good fun. Nothing wrong with Jeep’s tho either by the way. I’m sure you have lots of fun with it.
    Cheers Mate and oh yeah I've had fun with it! but not in a long time though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast