Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British or American helmet identification

Article about: Hello everyone, I have a helmet that appears to be a Brodie helmet but the bales are fixed (without ribbots). I did some research and I found a similar Brazilian helmet (called Paulista helm

Default British or American helmet identification

Hello everyone, I have a helmet that appears to be a Brodie helmet but the bales are fixed (without ribbots). I did some research and I found a similar Brazilian helmet (called Paulista helmet). But recently, while cleaning it, I found that it has the ribbot holes (they are painted over), and it's repainted (not original paint). It has no markings, unless they are under the paint. Can someone help me? (sorry if the images are bad, but I don't have a good camera).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British or American helmet identification   British or American helmet identification  

British or American helmet identification   British or American helmet identification  

British or American helmet identification   British or American helmet identification  

MAP
    ?

Until the Brodie pro's get here.........

This has a very pronounced elliptical shape. More so than i've seen before with the 5 or 6 that I have. But from what I read (true or not) they do vary in shape. Happy to be corrected on this.

I see no evidence of this ever having a rim, so that to me leads me to believe it is not an American P17. But I can't say if it is a British Brodie or another country.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You may be correct in your idea about it being Brasilian. The screenshot below taken from World War Helmets - Casque Pauliste type Mark I seems to me to be the same thing. I have seen photos other Paulista helmets with similar features, but they also have a row of rivets around the bowl to secure the liner.

British or American helmet identification