Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

?

Then it must be British. Did Canadians ever use British nets in Europe? Of course I am not implying that this net is original to the helmet, but I would like to know if the one-tone British net is still consistent with a D-Day Canadian impression.

British & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmets
    Last edited by Didier; 10-19-2022 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Pictures added

?

I know British troops used Canadian nets, can't see why British made nets were not used by Canadians.

?

1944 dated liner. Complete with bird mess.

?

Has a different string tying it on, and some of the holes. But seems to have been done a long time ago.

SMP
    ?

Just picked this one up from e-bay. Only the 2nd one I've ever owned. Quite a rare variant IMO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

SMP
    ?

Well it's been a long wait, but the unicorn has arrived. Never thought this day would come...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

Congratulations, stunning net.
    Any pictures of the inside, what type of string does it tie up with.

SMP
    ?

Aaron, I've sent you some photos .

Meantime.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

Very nice!!

Hooks on the helmet is very similar to british MKII type. This helmet is a first production, it is possible tat the hooks are a british made? Can you compare the misure whit british MKII hooks? (Sorry for divagation from the theme)
    Thanks!

?

Here are my latest nets - one is a dark brown (British?) net and the other a two-tone Canadian one.British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

You will tell me if I am wrong, but I do think the Canadian net at least is a repro.
    British & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmets
    Last edited by Didier; 11-08-2022 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Photo added.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast