Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

?

Default British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite easy to identify, the problem is the late war knotted nets. They were used & made into if not beyond the 1950's, I think wartime knotted nets fit the MkII but not the MkIII. The knotted nets that fit the MkIII are the ones that could be wartime or post. Your thoughts & any pictures you have would be great to see.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

Attached Images Attached Images British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  British & Canadian nets & netted helmets 

?

Default Re: British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

nice collection of lids & nice to see all those various types of netting to

?

Forgot to say, any Australian, New zealand & South African nets out there?

Im sure i was issued helmet net as in first pic in the 1980's before kevlar helmers came in

?

They had a long service life these nets, which as you say were being used 40 years later.

It will be interesting how this thread develops as I know almost nothing about these and I hope to learn from it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I've been looking for one of those Canadian two-tone nets foreverrrrrrr!

Very nice indeed Aaronregards minnie.

Here are my two netted helmets. The thicker net looks to have been on this helmet for most, if not all, of its life. The thinner net was purchased separately and added to the helmet by me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

Hi Grimebox, If you get a chance could you see if the thinner net fits a Mk3 if you've got one. If it fits a Mk3 it could be WW2 or post war, but if it does'nt fit the Mk3 it could just be a WW2 one.
    Thanks.
    Aaron

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast